New Xbox dashboard Coming to prep for next console.

XPG Darkside May 17, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Microsoft is preparing to update its Xbox 360 with another dashboard update. Sources familiar with Microsoft's Xbox plans have revealed to The Verge that the dashboard update will enter into a public beta in late June or early July, with changes and updates in preparation for the next-generation Xbox.

We're told that the user interface will be refreshed alongside smaller Live Tiles, similar to what Microsoft is preparing for Windows 8.1. Microsoft is also said to be tweaking the look of the Xbox dashboard, with the possibility of darker or lighter themes.

We understand Microsoft is aiming to ensure Xbox 360 users can transition over to the next-generation console and interact with existing Xbox 360 users using messaging, beacons, and achievements.

Microsoft will also phase out the use of its Points system with this dashboard update, replacing it with currency and gift card options. We're told that the final update will be made available, providing the public beta testing goes to plan, in August.

[​IMG]

Microsoft is holding a special event at its campus in Redmond on May 21st to unveil the next-generation Xbox. Sources have revealed to us that the event will include details of the new interactive TV features that the company is building into its next console. Microsoft is also expected to show off a smaller and denser Xbox console with newly designed controllers that are said to be "flattened" in appearance.

Last edited by a moderator: May 17, 2013
  2. Dizzle2k

Dizzle2k Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Cool :)

3. daniyal

daniyal The Deathbringer of COD
    45/47

Student
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    i wanna see this windows 8 is pretty cool i thought it was Fecal Leaking at first as well but its not bad :p also if they do all thats said to xbox dash probably gonna be better

4. Sh

Sharp_Shot123 Epic XPG Gamer Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="PARACRYPT" data-time="1368865432">Windows after Windows 7 sucks. (I just wanted to get that out of my system lol). All this news is just hyping up the next gen console, I hope the new xbox is better than my expectations, and that the control pads don't fail. I like the chunky control pads, and would be upset if they followed PS3 with their paper light control pads.</blockquote>
    Same, I can't throw a PS3 controller as far as a 360 controller. ;)

5. XPGRyan

XPGRyan Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Trollsparrow" data-time="1368843364">I really hope theytransferthe points some how and don't make it where you have to use it be such and such date or they expire. I have like 14000 points from black Friday deals.</blockquote>
    Theyre getting rid of points actually.

6. ag

agentfortys3v3n Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Great another slow and sluggish dashboard update. So glad I have Freestyle dashboard.