New consoles, new mods???

ShockadinHD Apr 9, 2013

1. ShockadinHD

ShockadinHD Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Hello, I'm ShockadinHD and I've got an question.

Since there is going to be new consoles, I assume there is going to be new mods.
    I'm only throwing blanks as I have no idea as to what I'm talking about.

Since the xbox 360s original dashbord there has been alot of major changes. I assume without the newer dashboards it wouldnt allow for some of the mods.(I read awhile back that certain dashboards allowed jtags and etc) So since there is pretty much gonna be a revamp of the dashboard. Do you think that there is going to be new mods, or is everything going to continue along the lines of RGH/Jtag?

I don't think I'm the only person who is curious to this. I'm sure tons of people have thought about this.

I can only guess as to what might be the next thing. Since the xbox in going to be an online all the time. And Sims 3 was the same way but then someone modded it to be playable offline do you think that well happen. I'm sorry if I'm coming off stupid I just want to learn more about this.

Thank you for reading my post! If you like what i post dont be afraid to upvote and add me as a friend!

2. Wallsch

Wallsch Gold Member Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    185/188

Console:
    Computer
    I'm sure someone will come out with a exploit for it. Too early to know anything about it as nobody has gotten there hands on it. I recommend buying 2 consoles on launch so you have 1 you can leave at starting dash encase a exploit comes out for it.

3. ShockadinHD

ShockadinHD Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Yeah, Some of us can't thought. Im still deciding on ps4/720.

4. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    i'll get bouth and see which is best. :p

5. ShockadinHD

ShockadinHD Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Sweet, I hope you have fun with em, lemme know what is better!

6. BinaryX

BinaryX Lifetime Gold XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    They say that the PS4 gets better hardware than the 720/Durange...
    I love xbox and won't ever go for a PS4 cuz ima xbox fan! really...i mean my only friends are on the xbox LOL :cry:

7. villan4eva

villan4eva Ultimate Ninja!
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Mods for the new gen consoles won't be anything like the mods around now because, simply put, they ruined the consoles and M$/Sony won't make the same mistakes twice

8. FriedSpecialty

FriedSpecialty Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think it's safe to say that there will be the same firmware hacks and hardware hacks like we have now eventually. Whatever they call it though might not be the same. Flashing the nand might be the same method they will use but will call it related to whatever the method is to achieve it

9. BodilyZebra2

BodilyZebra2 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    XBOX360 4 TEH WINNNN!!!

10. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    no one can give any real answers on expolits / flashing drives etc as we still havent seen the consoles themselves final release pictures
    let alone the internals .

11. ccaveman84

ccaveman84 XPG Mod Freak XPG Developer
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    That is to say that they even leave the J-tag Or "Joint Test Action Group" points on the console to enable nand flashing

Normally products with the Jtag capability have it more so that the manufacturers are able to test/debug faults and such on PCB's (Printed Circuit Bord's) which can also be done pre production.

This means that there will always be a possibility that they could remove the J-tag points on production.
    but hopefully they don't though lol.

12. gold972

gold972 团队XPG影响 Effect XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    that rigth Ccave need to wait :| for see ;)

13. quicky

quicky Banned XPG Developer BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ps3 has better hardware than the 360, Ps3 still isn't as good IMO. Microsoft just gave us more and offered a better service with xbox.
    I believe people said that about ps1,ps2, and xbox (first one), damn people most likely said it about every console. People thought the PS3 would never be hacked. I think the point I'm making is, nothing will be hack proof. There will be mods for the new consoles, just a matter of time as it always is. The better they get at securing the consoles, the better hackers get at modding the consoles.

The talk about the console only being used online all the time (IMO) is stupid as the companies would lose a lot of money from those that don't have internet (yes, there still are people without it in their home), or would anger a lot of gamers when their ISP plays around with their service (maintenance and what ever else). In short we just are not ready for a always online console, so I very much doubt it will happen and put it down as just speculation. We will know soon enough whether any "leaked" info is true or not.

Trying to decide between the new xbox and the new PS is a bit silly. I learned my lesson deciding between the ps3 and xbox 360 based on my experiences with xbox 1 and ps2. PS2 was better (IMO) as it had more games and I was just used to it more with controls and everything from PS1 (dualshock), where as xbox 1 had better console hardware (IMO) but lacked in the supported games. I brought a PS3 with the above in mind (well loads of PS3's I kept buying and selling them every time I tried to give it a chance and then got annoyed with it lol), but after seeing friends and family on xbox 360 and seeing the service they had on xbox live compared to the (IMO) "crappy" service PSN offered, the strong vibration and weight in the xbox 360 control pad, to the no vibration (pathetic vibration in dualshock 3) and paper light controls with "silly" triggers (if you want to call it that), the party chat on xbox live, to only in-game chat on ps3, I grew to hate the PS3 and now I'm a hardcore xbox 360 fan lol. So....yeah I would say do not make your mind up without first seeing what each console has to offer and trying out each console for your self.

14. NOMADD99

NOMADD99 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    there will always be a way :)

15. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Not really. The next-gen consoles might not be exploitable at all or they might be. No-one knows until they are released and tests are done and the relevant stuff like that ;)