Needing help modding diablo 3 items

poonbagel Sep 20, 2013

1. po

poonbagel Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello im familiar with hex editing and the whole 9 yards im aware diablo 3 for xbox has some kind of protection to try to deter modding. Well i have a decryption tool and have items in my hero .dat file tried changing values in the hero and account.dat files for equipment. just trying to figure out how to edit the damage values of weapons or increase armor values if any of you could help explain how to do so or what string to look for in the .dat files to hex edit id greatly appreciate any kind of info that could help im willing to pass on similar help thanks guys..

2. az

azulthewise Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I'm looking to figure out the same thing as you. I know that Idlehands knows but as of right now they've not said anything to anyone outside their group how to. Could you even Identify items in either .dat file you attempted?

3. po

poonbagel Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ive been able to identify a few and when i change the values i dont get much of a result it gives me a corrupted file error when i load my character but when i select ok and load him nothings gone or corrupted or changed at all im kinda confused its just baffling the hell out of me!