My latest weird RGH Error (00233) and fix

FeralA9X Oct 21, 2012

1. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey guys this is not a support thread more of an informative thread about a very rare error as far as i can tell, there is no info on the fix so i thought i would post just in case anybody else comes across this ;)

Ok so i have a jasper RGH1 that has been going strong for almost a year now and about 2 months ago it was put into my nephews room, some kids came over on the weekend and helped themselves to playing it while my nephew was visiting his dad, when he got home he went to turn it on and it had 2 red lights, usually when you say 2 red lights its an overheating issue but this was different as the normal lights were not illumnated, the ROL looked like the following:

[​IMG]

The fans would not spin up and the console would not try to glitch, from here i thought to check if there was an error code, instead of the usual 4 digit error code it spat out a 5 digit error code which was 00233, in all my time working with jtags and RGH consoles i have never seen this so it had me confused. This console is not connected to any network and i am the only one to install games so it has nothing to do with updates etc.

The way i fixed it was to crack open the case and resolder in the nandx, from there created a new nand image with J-runner and flashed back onto the box, kinda an easy fix but still really confused what exactly happened, seems to be a corruption of the nand of some sorts.

anyways hope this will help someone in the future as i could not find anything on this topic ;)

2. BMTHstanton1990

BMTHstanton1990 RGH/JTAG God
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That error was caused by a missing NAND file it sounds like. Which one? It's beyond me. I've had that error come to me from a customer once. Just rewrote the NAND and it was off again. Did ya knock those kids heads together for messing with your son's console? :LOL:

3. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Glad you got it sorted man,, good thing to keep in mind if any oddities pop up like this. ;)

4. FeralA9X

FeralA9X The EX-Terminator XPG Administrator
    430/564

Console:
    Xbox
    lol if it was my sons box no other kids would be touching it, i have told my nephew now that when he goes to his dads now to unplug the console so that these other kids wont be able to touch it, he was pissed off they were in his room to begin with :LOL:

5. BMTHstanton1990

BMTHstanton1990 RGH/JTAG God
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    My little brother sets "traps" everywhere.... Well, he's 14 so they aren't innocent traps... I've stepped on i don't even KNOW how many nails....

6. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    same thing just happend to me, tried to write an ecc to a non glitchable jasper and it was not happy, and at first i disregarded the last number thinking that it ment nothing so i thought it was a overheating issue :p