Mortal Kombat has most robust online mode ever

•Σиïgмλ• Jul 1, 2010

1. •Σиïgмλ•

•Σиïgмλ• The Walrus Of Love XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Mortal Kombat 2011 has "the most robust online fighting game system ever imagined," modestly claims the game's lead designer, John Edwards.

Speaking in a recent interview, Edwards revealed that the NetherRealm Studios team is considering new characters, Fatalities and fighting styles for the new game's recently outed DLC.

"We have a really robust online system. I can't go into too many details but it's going to be pretty much the most robust online fighting game system ever imagined. Just look forward to it," he told GamingUnion.

"We're planning on having DLC for a lot of things. Maybe new characters, new Fatalities, it's pretty much open for anything. We have support on the back end for backgrounds, new attacks, tweaks to fighting styles, all that"

Bold promises indeed. So far, all we know about the new MK's online offerings is that it'll include a mode in which up to four players can battle tag-team, and another in which two players can team up in 'Arcade Mode'.

Warner Bros. announced the new Mortal Kombat game for release next year earlier this month, alongside a pretty brutal Mortal Kombat trailer

2. Burrows

Burrows Like A Boss Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Cant wait for this :thumbsup: hopefully be a cracking online. Like the sound of the tag team battle

3. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    i'm with you burrows. this sounds freakin amazing. i'm glad they brought it back to what mortal kombat was all about. the game looks amazing. i'll definately be looking for this one.