Modern Warfare 2 Hidden Game Modes

Bezza Feb 7, 2010

1. Bezza

Bezza Naughty but Nice XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    I did not see this here i i thought i would post

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2's launch was a huge success, the gamegenerated $550 million during its first five days on the market. MW2actually broke Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince's five-day globalbox-office record of $394 million.

Modern Warfare 2 also dominated last week's game charts in the UnitedKingdom, with the Xbox 360 version selling over 1 million copies. TheNPD sales figures for the United States should be available in a coupleof weeks.

Despite the boycott, the PC versions first-week sales topped COD4 and COD5: World at War.Robert Bowling - "The PC version of Modern Warfare 2 has actuallyoutsold the PC version of Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare in it's firstweek.

Essentially, all this percentage proves is that the Xbox 360 andPlayStation 3 versions sold great, not that the PC version sold poorly,because that's actually not the case. The PC version has donetremendous in it's first week, better than our previous game."On a side note, Modern Warfare 2 had over 2 million concurrentusers on Xbox Live last Wednesday, which overtook Call of Duty 4 andHalo 3 with ease. Over 5 million hours of multiplayer matches wereplayed through Xbox Live on that day. Sony has not revealed how manyPS3 users are playing the game over the PlayStation Network.

Hidden Game Modes

Modern Warfare 2's developer console has been hacked, thus allowingmodders to access many of the games hidden 'features'. It seems thatMW2 has 4 hidden game modes that didn't make it in time for the gamesrelease.Arena - Round based capture the flag, with one flag in the middle of the map.

Global Thermonuclear War - There is a nuke in the middle of the map, and both teams have to get to it and set it off.

OneFlag - Just like capture the flag, but one team defends the flag and the other tries to capture it.

VIP - One team tries to get the VIP to the extraction zone, while the other team tries to kill the VIP.

It's unknown if these game modes will be available later as DLCs for the Xbox 360 and PS3 users.

2. cr

crow Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    BRAVO40 or what either his name is has twittered that these mode's will be out in the summer/spring with some of the maps from mw1.
    all in a addon pack that was going to be released originaly with the TU for mw2.

3. Ap

Appothis Call me Phil
    95/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for the info Crow.

4. rb

rbbroncoman Newbie
    0/47

some of those game modes sound really fun, hopefully we'll see them in a dlc or something. Thanks for find.

5. co

coolmen Newbie
    0/47

Thanks for find.