Modding borderlands 1 game save

will41 Oct 9, 2012

1. wi

will41 Newbie
    205/282

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Hi guys im new here so i dont know if i am posting this in the right area or not.
    I am new to hex editing game saves so i thought i would ask for some help.

I have been trying to modd my ammo in borderlands in a hex editor but i cant seem to find the right offset for it.
    I have been able to mod my money just fine but having a hard time with the ammo. Right now i have the pistol
    and i have 175 in the remaining ammo,When i search for the hel value of 175 which is AF and change that it does not change my ammo count.In the game it says 12/163 which is equall to 175,so should i be searching for a different value.

Thanks for any help you can give me.I know i can use willow tree ,but im wanted to learn how to hex edit.

Thanks Will

2. xDevlinx21

xDevlinx21 The Last Quincy!
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You're trying to mod the first Borderlands game? Dude, there's a big mod tool for that. All you're modding needs for anything BL1 is right in that tool, it's called WillowTree# (works for all platforms) and you download here at the SourceForge site. Hope that helps, and I hope you like the tool. It's quite an amazing thing, I really hope they make another one for BL2. You can create your own weapons and items, mod your stats, xp, gold, etc.
    Also, you could use this site for the "Gear Calc" and that should with making weapons that will work in game as you can't just throw any parts of weapons together willy nilly and expect it to work. This will just tell you which parts are valid together, then you can just click on the "Code" tab once you're done and copy it all, then within WillowTree# you can click on "Import Code."
    :sarcastic_hand:

EDIT:
    Lawlz! And that's what I get for not reading everything before posting. Sorry man, didn't see that last part about wanting to learn Hex. Can't help you there but I wish you the best of luck. :locomotive: :boobs:

3. Vash The Stampede

Vash The Stampede Developer XPG Developer TeamXPG
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    if i remeber you can use willowtree

4. wi

will41 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Thats ok man. yea i have willow tree but i want to learn how to do it in a hex editor.

5. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    well that you ca do mod the stats on the editor then find out where the location of what you modded and try changing it that how i started learning how to hex

6. wi

will41 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    I have tried that in willow tree.i changed ammo amount and compared two saves
    It seemed like every offset was different so i must being doing some thing wrong.
    Any tips on comparing the to saves to find the difference.

7. Vash The Stampede

205/282

Console:
    Xbox
    use hxd (choose the analysis tab on top and choose compare) use 2 different saves not that different same game of course lol

8. wi

will41 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Do u save them as save001 and save002 or same filename in to different folders