Minecraft Xbox One, PS4, and PS Vita Editions: Release date pushed to September?

reloadmydeagle Aug 1, 2014

1. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    Minecraft Xbox One, PS4. and PS Vita editions have been delayed according to recent reports. Incase you didn't know, the next-gen editions of Minecraft are said to be about 36 times larger, and able to support more things. A few weeks ago, there was an announcement setting the release date for these editions sometime in August, but it seems to have changed since 4J studios has recently tweeted that they are still "Bug fixing". Also, the latest PS Vita ad showcases Minecraft, saying it's release is in September, but will the Xbox One and PS4 versions come in September? Or will 4J still have to do a lot of "bug fixing"? Who knows, maybe the console versions will possibly come sooner than the PS Vita version? I think that there can't be that many differences between current-gen console Minecraft and next-gen console Minecraft, so it shouldn't be too much longer. Let us know what you think.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2014
  2. Bu

Bullet Guest

Better to be delayed than have a buggy unfinished game released, eh EA :p<br><br>

3. solidcool

solidcool Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    why do they give out release dates and endup delaying (fixing bugs aside) i hate the bullpoop lies

4. observanttuna

observanttuna Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="solidcool" data-time="1407025314">why do they give out release dates and endup delaying (fixing bugs aside) i hate the bullpoop lies<br></blockquote>
    Think about it this way, when companies make a game they establish a release date based upon the rate at which the game is coming along, so if they decide on a date and tell the public, but then hit a span of bugs and problems whilst making the game, then they have to delay the game release. Makes sense right? If a game is released with a extremely large amount of bugs and errors then nobody will play it and it will get a profuse amount of bad press. Compared to if a game is delayed and gets minor complaints and then comes out and is a huge hit. Would you rather be playing a horribly buggy and crashing server game, or a game that got delayed, runs smoothly, and is addicting? (Rhetorical Question)