Minecraft on PS4 fails Sony certification test

Bullet Aug 21, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Minecraft was set to release next month on Sony's next gen console the PS4, however there have been some issues in the final stage of testing which means the game will certainly be delayed, the question is how long for?

It was only last week that 4JStudios announced the Playstation 4 version of Minecraft had been finished pending a final test of the port.
    Unfortunately today 4JStudios revealed that the final testing failed to cut the grade which means the game will need pulling apart by the developers:

https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/502132517114503170

"We're fixing, but we need to go through the process again," say the developers in a recent tweet.

The PS4 port isn't the only next gen version suffering from issues according to more Tweets from 4JStudios developers. The Xbox One version has also encountered some problems:

https://twitter.com/4JStudios/status/499270657499480064

That means the PS4, Xbox One and PS Vita versions of the Minecraft port all still have a way to go before meeting the final grade.
    There is still no word on new release dates for any of the versions.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2014
  2. Ro

Rocky Guest

There will be some gutted Minecraft fans out there who have a PS4 :(

3. Wo

Wolfmaster5 Newbie
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    If Minecraft for the PS4 doens't work shouldn't SONY just scarp it cause it would mean they would have to scarp the PSVita version too if they say it's no good, right.

Just thinking here and I'm only saying that if it doesn't work throw it out

4. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    lotsa games fail cert its not usually box office worthy games though, i remember waiting for state of decay i think that failed xbox certs like 3 times lol