Minecraft 101 BETA

ModioHomeBasic Jul 24, 2012

1. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

How many people would find a PC program that can obtain infomation at a click of a button helpful?
    e.g. Local/External IP, webpages and even download files for Minecraft Cliant or Server .exe & .jar.

You can navigate any website and see almost everthing correctly. The program will also fetch/download MCPatcher & CraftBukkit.jar from a item menu option.

It's call Minecraft 101 and is in BETA stages at the moment.

What is your thoughts?

[​IMG]

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1EF7SoF-Sg[/video]​

Features:

Basic Web Browser:
    Navigation tools Forward, Back, Refresh & Home dropdown menu.

Popular Links:
    Minecraft.net (quick linked to all pages & popular downloads), Minecraft Wiki (pages), Minecraft Forums, Bukkit Forums (inc. download sever JAR), MC Patcher (Download).

Text File Viewer:
    You can open a .txt file, edit it and save as new .txt file or find the previous version and save over that.

IP Fetcher:
    This will fetch both your Local or External IP Address and you can copy to clipboard with one click.

Server List:
    This is where you can create a Windows Batch File (.bat) for starting a server from a list of up to 5 different servers or starting them all at once (Note: server start button are not active for starting a Windows Batch File in version 1.0.4 & more info on this can be found within Minecraft 101 BETA).

New to v1.0.5: Appdata Folder Select
    You can browse folders in the appdata folder and select and open that folder. This cuts out the need for the Start > Search > %appdate% mothod most people use when installing new Mods, Texture Packs & Snapshot .JAR's.

New to v1.0.6: New load screen & .exe release

Minecraft 101 BETA is now available in .exe so there is no need for installation. A new loading screen has been added with program version details and logos. The web browser has received some miner tweaks and no longer display error messages on website pages that have compatibility issues. The URL navigation bar has been activated along with the Go button.

Update: Minecraft 101 BETA v1.0.7
    Fixed transparency issues with white in loading screen.
    Added Loading Process bar.
    Updated all the commands in the Text File Viewer. You can now Cut, Copy, Paste & Select All.
    Buttons will show up as and when they are able to work.
    Added a button to Open a .bat file in Server List text box.
    Web Browser is fully fuctional and displays the url the browser is on automatically.

Minecraft 101 BETA v1.0.9
    Behind the sences coding update.
    Schamatic2Blueprint menu update means you can now launch the .jar from the menus.
    Note: Just replace the windows.bat file code with the new script in option then make sure the .bar & .jar are in a folder named 'Schematics2Blueprint' on your desktop and it should work fine.

Minecraft 101 BETA v1.1.0 Info
    Server List Update: You can now launch 5 separate servers located in separate folders on the desktop, labelled as follows: MCServer1, MCServer2, etc.
    I noticed that when either of the Server List or Text Viewer ended up behind the main window it was annoying to view it again so I have added a bring to front option in the View list that will bring the window to the front again if the window is already open.

Know error message in v1.1.0
    [​IMG]
    This happens due to a value not resetting correctly but pressing 'Continue' will override this and will continue as planed. Because of this the 'Start All' button has not yet been activated.

New to v1.1.1
    Updated download link for MCPatcher with comparability for Minecraft 1.3.1 release.
    Server List has had a makeover and you can now start 5 servers simultaneously (thanks go to Risk for helping).
    This means that the error message in v1.1.0 has been sorted.

Program Name: Minecraft 101 BETA v1.1.1
    Author: General Xbox Gaming
    Size: 1.35MB
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Update: Minecraft 101 BETA v1.0.7 is now available with more refined features.

3. joecotterill

joecotterill Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I really like the look of this. Looks very smart.

4. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I aim to add 360 side of this later on. For now this is based around the PC version.

5. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Minecraft 101 BETA v1.0.8 is out and some miner and some major tweaks have been added to this version. Content Menu Options have been add for the Text File Viewer and Server List .bat generator TextBox.

With all of these new features I managed to somehow reduce the overall size of the .exe in the process.

6. twistviper

twistviper Member
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    looks good so far ill have to wait to test

7. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Minecraft 101 BETA v1.0.9 update:
    Behind the sences coding update.
    Schamatic2Blueprint menu update means you can now launch the .jar from the menus.
    Note: Just replace the windows.bat file code with the new script in option then make sure the .bar & .jar are in a folder named 'Schematics2Blueprint' on your desktop and it should work fine.

8. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]
    Minecraft 101 BETA v1.1.0 is here:​
    [​IMG]

9. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]
    Minecraft BETA v1.1.1​
    [​IMG]

10. Derrik

Derrik Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well... what is this? all i saw was minecraft, what is the main goal of this whole progam? im lost

11. Mo

ModioHomeBasic Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Help people new and old to setting up, running & modding Minecraft with a simple interface. Refinements will come later and will make it simpler but for now this should make it fast & far easier to do thing with Minecraft. The appdata folder select has helped me recently as I was forward and back between Texture Pack folder trying to modify one image. I think this will help alot of people as I find it simple enough to use and my video show that. Watch the video and you'll understand more.