Microsoft: PS4 won’t make us change “anything” with the Xbox One

xpghax Jun 16, 2013

1. xpghax

xpghax Gold Section Mod/Uploader
    55/94

Console:
    Other
    It’s hard to argue that the PlayStation 4 wiped the floor with the Xbox One at E3 last week. Not only was it revealed that the PS4 won’t have DRM of any sort, but it’s even going to be $100 cheaper at launch.
    So, in saying that, some people might be thinking or assuming that Microsoft will counteract Sony’s announcements with some of their own. Sadly, that doesn’t seem to be the case.
    Spotted over on NeoGAF is an interview Microsoft Director of Programming Larry “Major Nelson” Hryb did with RedditGames. In the video interview (which you can watch below), when asked if Microsoft will change anything regarding the Xbox One as an answer to Sony’s announcements, Hryb mentioned the following:
    [​IMG]
    Here’s the actual video interview with the statement coming in at around the 3:58-minute mark.
    http://youtu.be/2lMhjM9BK7M
    Of course, there’s always the chance that Microsoft might backtrack or change some of its policy once people don’t warm up to the Xbox One. But for now, don’t expect any changes for its “always-on” and used games policy.
    For more on the Xbox One, don’t forget to read up on how getting banned on Xbox Live might or might not make you lose your games; and how each game you buy can be shared by 10 “family members.”
    What are your thoughts on this? Should Microsoft listen to the uproar happening all over the Internet, or it won’t matter anyway since people will still buy the Xbox One regardless of their policy? They do have Titanfall exclusive for now, so maybe it is “nuff said?!”

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 16, 2013
  2. Oz

Ozzy4 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    "Did you see our exclusives!?" All I'm going to say is Killzone.. Good bye xbox

3. coolaid2323

coolaid2323 XPG FTW
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    killzone sucks

4. Sc

ScumbagJordan Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    All I'm gonna say is Gears of war, Halo, Dead Rising, Titanfall...

5. azureblade009

azureblade009 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ScumbagJordan" data-time="1371509764">All I'm gonna say is Gears of war, Halo, Dead Rising, Titanfall...</blockquote>

Titanfall is the only exclusive that is relevant at this point. We have already seen what those other series offer. I am not sure why Dead Rising is an exclusive. I mean yes Dead Rising is fun as hell, but not worth dishing money for an exclusive contract.

6. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Oh well, I pre-ordered the new Xbox anyway.