Microsoft: 'We're not neglecting gamers'

XxBestMonsterxX Aug 28, 2012

1. XxBestMonsterxX

XxBestMonsterxX I GOT SANDMANS DOGTAG!!!!
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Microsoft's master plan is to build and bolster its next, unannounced console's Xbox Live service with TV, movies, music, internet services and whole new levels of cross-connectivity. The games will have to wait.

That's what we said in CVG's review of the platform holder's E3 press conference last week, which we felt focused on new services and technologies at the expense of games.

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif]We weren't alone either - Sony's head of digital games criticised Microsoft and Nintendo for neglecting gamers at this year's E3.
    But Microsoft executive Phil Harrison has told our friends at Edge that the company doesn't think its marginalising gamers.
    "Game consumption on the console is going up," he said. "Entertainment consumption is going up, and is now higher then games, but games are growing as well. I have no concerns about what that means for gamers, whether they're core gamers or casual gamers or somewhere in between.
    "This E3, we have announced that our top five franchises are all returning on Xbox 360 within the next 12 months, and I don't know of many times in a platform's history when that has happened, whether on Xbox or any other console.
    "Halo, Gears of War, Forza, Fable and Dance Central, all returning in a bigger, better way. I think gamers are going to be pretty well-catered for."[/font]

Gears of War Judgement trailerWatch more videos like this

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2012