Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain - Reviews.

zesp4 Aug 24, 2015

1. zesp4

zesp4 XPG Editor Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Metal Gear Solid: The Phantom Pain
    With the Phantom Pain just around the corner i thought i'd pop up the reviews it received as of yet. Lucky to play the game this early with most reviewers with 40+ Hours of game time played.​
    This is what they thought! ​
    I can't say how excited i have been for this! As I've been playing the earlier titles just to refresh my memory for this bad boy which will fill the big whole in the story! Oh the Nostalgia. Enjoy! ​
    [​IMG]
    Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain (メタルギアソリッドV:ザ・ファントム・ペイン Metaru Gia Soriddo Faibu: Za Fantomu Pein?) is an upcoming canonical installment in the Metal Gear series. It is being developed by Kojima Productions using their self-programmed Fox Engine and will be published by Konami, although after a falling out between the two companies in March 2015, Kojima Productions will not be credited for the game in the final version. As with previous Metal Gear Solid titles, Hideo Kojima was responsible for designing, writing, directing, and producing the game. It is believed that he will leave Konami after its release.​
    The game will be released for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, Xbox One, PlayStation 4 and Microsoft Windows worldwide on September 1, 2015. It will be released in Japan the next day.​
    Being set in 1984, nine years after the events of Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes, The Phantom Pain serves as a prequel to Metal Gear, which is set in 1995. The game's title refers to a medical condition commonly associated with amputees, when an individual experiences sensations, specifically pain, in limbs or organs that are not physically part of the body.​
    The Phantom Pain is the first Metal Gear game to fully use an open world gameplay structure.​

IGN:
    10/10
    +Exceptional sandbox gameplay

+Meaningful complexity

+Stealth flexibility

+Tons of gadgets and abilities

– Sparse story
    GameSpot:
    10/10
    THE GOOD
    Tells a complex, unusual story that holds your attention from start to finish

The world and characters are captivating in their presentation

Tackles taboo topics with grace

Features a massive open world that's dense with exciting possibilities

Delivers best-in-class stealth gameplay

The Mother Base aspect is rewarding and engrossing, extending the scope of the game beyond the battlefield

A perfectly fitting piece to the twisted Metal Gear saga

THE BAD

Pacing issues towards the end of the game momentarily halt your momentum

Metacritic - 10/10