Merge Saves?

Khristos Sep 15, 2013

1. Kh

Khristos Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Is there a way to merge saves for Diablo 3? I have a character that I did all the work myself on and I see all these saves on here for download. I dont want to lose my character, but I also want to check out these saves. Possible?

2. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No it is not possible to merge the saves.

Just use another storage device to check out the other saves ;)

3. Kh

Khristos Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok thank you

4. submit2me

submit2me Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    This is not true. You can save your d3save to your desktop and place it in a folder. Then take one of the saves that you want to check out and place it on your flash drive. Load that game save up and check out what it has to offer. After you look at all the saves and decide which one fits your playing style, take and load your hero save onto that one. Let me explain that a little more in detail just in case you don't understand. The save you have on your flash drive which is the one you have decided you like is the one you will merge your character onto. Here are the steps to do that:

1) Load up the save on your console and delete the characters you don't want. You can only have 10 characters on a d3save. Once you have deleted what you don't want, create a new character. It doesn't matter what character because you're going to over write it with the merge. I tell you to do this because it makes it easier to find when you move to the next step.

2) Now take your save and open it in horizon. Go to the content tab and look on the left tree and go to hero. Take that character file thats listed in alphanumeric and save it to the desktop.

3) Open the save thats on the flash drive in horizon and pull it to the left open window where you rehash and resign. Go to content and on the left tree look for hero. In that you will see a list of your characters. Its not named its listed by alphanumeric. The new save that you created should be a file thats like 800B. Thats the file your going to replace with yours that you saved to the desktop.

Theres two ways to keep all your gear if thats what you want:

1) start a link system game with controller 2 and dump it all on a offline character. Yes it will transfer back to an online one. I always start the game with my offline profile and then jump in and out with the online characters merging all the good items to one character. If you start the game with the online character when you exit the game is over. Its your choice how your skin that cat.

2) Swap account files which is listed under the content tab. Make sure if you do this take all the gear you want and put it on a character. if it wont fit on one character start loading the rest on another character. When you replace the account file it will not replace the character or what they have equipped but it will change everything else like.

5. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ok well that is some new information for me but i find it easier to use another storage device to check other saves out before i decide whether i want to use them or not ;)

6. submit2me

submit2me Rookie
    15/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Your right if thats all he wants to do. However, if you want to merge the save, you will need to follow the steps I posted above. I'm sure there are other ways that haven't come forth yet but these are the ways I've find to do it. I'm sure other members are wondering how to do the same thing.

7. cg

cgentle Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    can someone post a video on how to do this a tutorial plz