Major Nelson: 'It Took Years For 360 To Mature.. Same Long Game Planned For Xbox One'

Bullet Feb 12, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

With the Xbox fan base becoming ever more disheartened with the Xbox One, Major Nelson has posted on Reddit that:

'It took years for the Xbox 360 to become a mature, feature laden platform. We've got the same long game planned for the Xbox One.'

That's as maybe, but being an Xbox fan myself I have to question exactly what happened with the development with the Xbox One. The original Xbox was a great console but at launch the Xbox 360 certainly had more features and was a more evolved platform. There was no 10 steps backwards with the launch of the 360 , it was an awesome games console pack full of features from the start.

The PS4 isn't having the same issues that the Xbox one is having right now, and it certainly doesn't have less features than the PS3, in fact its the opposite case.

So what Major Nelson appears to really be saying in my opinion is that the Xbox One is far from perfect, but give it 8 years and it may be a better machine?

When I part with the money Microsoft charged for the Xbox One, I want a fully functional Next Gen console from the off. The update we were promised for the 11th of February has already been put back and at best gives us features that should of been fundamentals from the start.

Launching a half baked over priced console and then putting up a website asking how or what we would like to see on the console is not the way to go.

Microsoft wake up and smell the coffee that Sony are brewing up and build us a dam Games console.

This post has been promoted to an article

2. illuminati

illuminati Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks for sharing this.
    Great Read.

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

I had to rant a little, it made me mad when i read such a flippant comment from Major Nelson.
    They should of been learning from past consoles mistakes and created an actual "Next Gen " console at launch, not tell us it will evolve into one over years...

So how many different versions of the Xbox One will we see over the process of evolution of the X1 ?

4. illuminati

illuminati Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah, it's kinda annoying if you think about it.
    The X1 is going to be like the 360, they will release multiple versions of it, then they will release the "X1 Slim."

Haha.

Overall I actually enjoyed this rant.
    I agree completely.