Major Nelson: 'It Took Years For 360 To Mature.. Same Long Game Planned For Xbox One'

Bullet Feb 12, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

With the Xbox fan base becoming ever more disheartened with the Xbox One, Major Nelson has posted on Reddit that:

'It took years for the Xbox 360 to become a mature, feature laden platform. We've got the same long game planned for the Xbox One.'

That's as maybe, but being an Xbox fan myself I have to question exactly what happened with the development with the Xbox One. The original Xbox was a great console but at launch the Xbox 360 certainly had more features and was a more evolved platform. There was no 10 steps backwards with the launch of the 360 , it was an awesome games console pack full of features from the start.

The PS4 isn't having the same issues that the Xbox one is having right now, and it certainly doesn't have less features than the PS3, in fact its the opposite case.

So what Major Nelson appears to really be saying in my opinion is that the Xbox One is far from perfect, but give it 8 years and it may be a better machine?

When I part with the money Microsoft charged for the Xbox One, I want a fully functional Next Gen console from the off. The update we were promised for the 11th of February has already been put back and at best gives us features that should of been fundamentals from the start.

Launching a half baked over priced console and then putting up a website asking how or what we would like to see on the console is not the way to go.

Microsoft wake up and smell the coffee that Sony are brewing up and build us a damn Games console.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  2. setsae

setsae " the one & only "
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    If they will remove the kinect from the bundle ,<br>
    add a bigger hdd ,<br>
    and then price drop the digital games ,<br>
    it would all seem fair game to me ... if not a huge PLUS for them.<br><br>
    - they just messed up this time ,<br>
    perhaps too much to fix with updates lol.<br><br>

3. ag

agentfortys3v3n Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    All you paid for was a glorified run of the mill camera and a weak entertainment hub. Major Mouthpiece is a complete w4nk3r.

4. ge

gentoogod Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="agentfortys3v3n" data-time="1392246446">
    <div>
    All you paid for was a glorified run of the mill camera and a weak entertainment hub. Major Mouthpiece is a complete ****3r.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    You're dillusional if you think that's all the xbox one is. Speaking as someone with both consoles, the xbox one is years ahead of the ps4 in terms of use. The ps4 has no games that interest me right now so it sits and collects dust. The xbox one however even with just forza interesting me so far I can still work out on it, watch tv with it, snap my music or tv while playing a game, I can do lots. The ps4 can collect the dust so it doesn't fall on my xbox one.

5. Mr

MrBox360 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well mr "Half" nelson can not suck it, but he can ponder on his future, as Xboners will "fall like a titan"

Xbox brand will die with Xboner, just like M$ HD DVD did
    its inferior and not futureproof, heck PS4 isnt futureproof either.

PC is the future, and when people play TF with 4x4 or 6x6 gamers, the PC community will play games like Hawken and 64X64 - 128x128 in 4K reso

I dont think either PS4 or Xboner will stand the test and tear of time and restless gamers, 8 years?

Start with 2 then we can argue about the future

And with games like Zuma, Minecraft or flappy f@ck who needs graphics?

6. NOMADD99

NOMADD99 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    we all knowthe reason why the xbox one is not selling like it should its because M$ tried to Flubber gamers over with the bullshit they tried to pull with the always connected crap and theresaleand lending of games business, so the the gamers are sayingif you try fucking us we will Flubber you harder... the image reminds me of frank Gallagher fromshameless not crapyusa version.

7. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="agentfortys3v3n" data-time="1392246446">
    <div>
    All you paid for was a glorified run of the mill camera and a weak entertainment hub. Major Mouthpiece is a complete ****3r.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    LOL yeah i would have to agree with the comment below this one D ILLUSIONS FOR SURE! You must be a PS4 fan boy. And im sorry the only thing that the ps4 has over the xbox one at this point is 1080p and how many people actually have 1080p tv's that game. There is not that big of a notice especially when it comes to gaming that you will see the difference between 720p and 1080p. Maybe if your watching movies. But on my 83'' tv even running 720p i didnt see that big of a difference. That and its already been stated that the PS4 will have a shorter life span than the ps3. So you have fun with that. I'll still be using my xbox one when your trading your ps4 in for a another ps5.

8. J74G

J74G Contributor
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="xACHILLIESx" data-time="1392415789">
    <div>
    LOL yeah i would have to agree with the comment below this one D ILLUSIONS FOR SURE! You must be a PS4 fan boy. And im sorry the only thing that the ps4 has over the xbox one at this point is 1080p and how many people actually have 1080p tv's that game. There is not that big of a notice especially when it comes to gaming that you will see the difference between 720p and 1080p. Maybe if your watching movies. But on my 83'' tv even running 720p i didnt see that big of a difference. That and its already been stated that the PS4 will have a shorter life span than the ps3. So you have fun with that. I'll still be using my xbox one when your trading your ps4 in for a another ps5.
    </div>
    </blockquote>

lol so your arguement is that the ps4 will have a shorter life span lol so what you think there will be a ps5 without a new xbox around that same time so basicaly your saying that when a hardware upgrade is there youl be still playing with old technoligy well enjoy and to say that a theres not noticible diffrence between 720p v 1080p unless mybe watching movies is just ignorant by that games are much more and will be even more cinimatic in the future so watching in game story movies is noticible you obviosly dont understand frame definitions well let me explain when you buy a game in 720p the diffrence between 1080p is 720 is only half the pixels so for a console not being able to run 1080p and 60fps theres a massive problem its like 30fps v 60fps double is obviosly noticible unless your blind or have glasses like milk bottle bottoms if it was cheaper that would make sense but its not its more expensive why would i buy something that can play nfl matches in 1080p 60fps but not games costs more and has crap inside theres a reason the ps4 has outsold the xbone and its not just the price point i loved my first 2 xboxes but theyve messed up your delusional if you think a console with much older hardware and much less power and a gig less ram thats struggling on day1 to run games at 1080p 60fps will last longer than the ps4 its 2014 people need to stand up to companys like microsoft with there wallets to say that were not all stupid like yourself and wont just accept any old crap with a ms logo and buy it anyway theres not 1 thing right now for me better about the xbone its really sad to say but ms messed up and xbones in real trouble