Levels and Light Explained

KoStorms Aug 4, 2014

1. KoStorms

KoStorms Rookie
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox
    This picture pretty much sums up what the motes of light are and how light is used to push your guardian past the "cap" of level 20.
    [​IMG]
    The max level without such items equipped containing a light rating is 20. But as the picture shows you use the motes of light you earn to buy the higher quality gear that can increase your level beyond this. I'm not sure how much light you need per additional level or if this has a cap, but I'm certain based on IGNs video showing off what a level 29 titan can do that everyone will try pushing their guardians to the limit.

Sources:
    http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2camf2/a_quick_guide_to_light_vs_motes_of_light_since_im/
    http://thedestinyblog.com/2014/07/31/heres-what-a-level-29-titan-can-do-in-destiny/

2. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    185/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Great tutorial man! ;) I may be buying this game when it comes out. Only reason I may not is because there sided with PS4 and Xbox One people get content later then them. :fool:

3. KoStorms

KoStorms Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thanks man. :D Yeah that does suck that Xbox gets the content later, but with this game I decided I can wait. ;)

4. FatPat666

FatPat666 ѪĴůğğäĽŏҲҲƉƴĻȺNѪ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    yeah only 5weeks 0days 9hours 44minutes 31seconds from now. An nice rundown, :)