Konami May Not Be Exiting The Triple-A Space After All

FreddyZVoorhees Sep 19, 2015

1. FreddyZVoorhees

FreddyZVoorhees Truth or happiness, never both. Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox
    A little bit sooner, I have posted an article, regarding an affirmation Eurogamer made regarding Konami exiting the Triple-A games space, if you wish to read it, kindly follow this link:http://www.xpgamesaves.com/page/homepage.html/_/latest-news/konami-ended-the-development-of-all-its-aaa-games-for-con-r2142
    As I wrote on the end of the article, we should expect Konami to express themselves regarding this.
    Konami, has now spoken about it.
    [​IMG]
    Over the past couple of days, rumors have circulated suggesting that Konami was officially exiting the triple-A development scene. However, that appears to not be the case.
    French site Gameblog reported that worldwide technology director Julien Merceron had left the company and that Konami had no plans to continue developing triple-A games besides Pro Evolution Soccer. Konami, on the other hand, seems to have different plans. Su-Yina Farmer, community manager at Konami Europe, took to Twitter yesterday to voice her thoughts.
    “I hope re-purposing speculation and rumour as news isn’t the new standard.”
    Konami customer support echoes this sentiment. A user on Reddit opened a support ticket and inquired about the future of both Metal Gear Solid and the future of the Fox Engine. The full response can be found here, but what follows is the main point.
    “I can promise you that we’re definitely not leaving Metal Gear behind or anything like that. I know some blogs were claiming that online this morning, but I’m not really sure where they’d be getting that from.
    We’re still definitely working on console games and franchises such as Metal Gear, Silent Hill, Castlevania, PES and all the rest.
    Finally, Konami is still recruiting staff for a new Metal Gear project. It may be tempting for some to write this off a simply a mobile game or pachinko machine, but the recruitment page itself references experience in “high-end game development.”
    We’re waiting on a press release from Konami before we made any claims about Konami’s future, but as of now it seems that reports of their death have been greatly exaggerated.
    What do you think Konami’s future holds? Let us know in the comments below.

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 19, 2015