Killer Instinct: Rage quiters beware

Bullet Jan 31, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

We have all been there haven't we where we are absolutely destroying the opposition on Killer Instinct when all of a sudden the victim of your awesome button bashing onslaught 'Rage quits'.

Well rage quitters Rich Bantegui, Killer Instinct community manager has explained a new policy that will affect those sore losers that end the game early.

Double Helix are implementing 'Jail time' for repeat offenders, a system similar to GTA V cheaters pool. If you end the game and your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL!

Here's the official word on the new Jail system:

RAGE QUIT SOLUTION IMPLEMENTED

Introducing a novel solution to rage quitters in Ranked Match: JAIL

- The first time your disconnect percentage goes above 15 percent you go to JAIL

- A 10 match minimum is required

- JAIL lasts for 24 hours. During this time you can only be matched against other JAIL members

- Each time you go to JAIL the amount of time increases by 24 hours (capped at 5 days – 120 hrs)

- While in JAIL your profile icon will be automatically changed to a custom JAIL icon to let you know you are in JAIL

- When your JAIL time is up, you go back into the public again (even if your disconnect percentage is back over 15%)

- However, when back in public, if you disconnect and you are still above 15 percentage you go directly back to JAIL

- For any match that sends you to JAIL, player will take a loss

This new system will take affect when the new free to play character 'Spinal' is introduced.

For the full patch notes click here.

This post has been promoted to an article

2. XPGZeeR

XPGZeeR Insert Title Here Lifetime Gold
    430/564

Console:
    Playstation 4
    hah, nice system.. I guess this game is nothing for me since I ragequit very often and unfortunately broken a couple of controllers.... heh :p

3. KewlMods

KewlMods Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Well all i can say is if im put in there im going straight to their HQ and whooping everyone's ass and when he begs for mercy, I'll be like "What you trying to quit early no, no, no" Then i'll curb stomp his ass. Handcuff him to a rope then throw his ass out the high ass skyscraper. While butt naked and hire a window washer to rape him on his way up.

4. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Bad news for those that have bad net works but good news for those who like going like a pro. ;)