JTag Troubles

johnyclash Jan 22, 2015

1. jo

johnyclash Newbie
    75/94

Although awesome during glimpses of actually working, I have been battling with this JTAG since I got it. My latest issue issue is with the some games now (using xex and aurora) is that they have stopped playing. Not all games, but a few just freeze up. As I write this, my Xbox is not booting up and when it does, it takes a lot longer than before.

I guess my main question would be; what is the file structure of the xbox and its' basic apps (games, xbla, xex, freestyle/aurora etc).

My thought is a corrupt file somewhere in a few games and/or the "OS". So either I need to fix those or reformat the drive maybe? And if I do, I need to understand the structure of the bare bones install and then the apps that sit on top.

How can I troubleshoot and resolve speed up my machine and have all the games load. (I wish there was a script that ran and checked for integrity in the file structure and data).

Hope you guys can help.

THanks!

2. muffintastic

muffintastic Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Can you tell me what dashboard you are using?

Is it pure JTAG, meaning, no glitch chip or are your using a glitch based chip commonly called RGH? (Reset Glitch Hack)

Have you tried using FreeStyle Dash instead of Aurora? Even though people say Aurora is better.

If your using Aurora are you on the latest version same with FSD?

How do you run your games, internal hard drive, external hard drive via USB?

Have you contacted the person you bought the JTAG off?

To answer your question, the file format/structure commonly used on the Xbox 360 is .XEX this is the same as an .EXE on a Windows based PC/Laptop.