Preview Is This Naughty Dog’s PlayStation 4 Game?

XPG Darkside May 8, 2013

1. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    The power of Podcast Beyond’s listenership has struck again.

This time, NickoMcBrain (I assume that’s not his actual name) comes through with some fascinating stills from a video chronicling the development of Naughty Dog’s upcoming PS3 exclusive The Last of Us.

What did we find? The image below show the exact moment of interest.

[​IMG]

In the background of that frame, you can see two character models that don’t at all look like they belong in The Last of Us. In fact, as our Podcast Beyond-listening friend suggests, they look “a lot like 17th/18th century clothing or maybe even pirates.” I couldn’t agree more.

Here, look at a zoomed-in picture.

[​IMG]

And one even more zoomed in!

[​IMG]

The Last of Us takes place in the 21st century, and though the situation is dire in the game – society hasn’t functioned in two decades as the start of the adventure – I don’t think that means people start dressing like Caribbean buccaneers.

Then again, these characters could appear in The Last of Us, whether in the single-player campaign or as characters in the still-unknown multiplayer component of the game.

But more tantalizing is that we could be getting a glimpse at Naughty Dog’s yet-unseen PlayStation 4 game. Remember: Naughty Dog split into two teams, so while one is working on The Last of Us, the other is working on a game we don’t yet know of. We've reached out to Sony for comment, but in the meantime...

Source IGN.