I was wondering....

RenownedZ3r0 May 8, 2013

1. RenownedZ3r0

RenownedZ3r0 Save Request Pro
    460/564

Console:
    Xbox
    Is it possible on this Earth, to convert a PS3 save file into an Xbox 360 save file?

2. XPG Darkside

XPG Darkside Eating cake.... Gold Subscriber Lifetime Gold
    460/564

Eating cake.
    Console:
    Xbox One
    They are both completely different formats, their save files are unique to each system and cannot be read by one another, unlike word or excel document's etc that can be read by different programs across multiple formats ;)

Iroinically, the saves may very well contain the exact same data (for cross platform games at least). It's hard to say without breaking out a hex editor, but I don't see why the devs would re-write the save system for what is essentially a high level I/O task.

Both consoles write some sort of user ID into the save files - the 360's is 25 digits long IIRC - making the chances of the ps3 giving you the same ID to be 1 in 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 - and that doesn't take into account different formats that the ID is saved in.

Then you've also got the Device ID that the save was originally made on to prevent sharing.

3. RenownedZ3r0

RenownedZ3r0 Save Request Pro
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Oh ok, I was wondering this because I found a save file for the Void Star achievement that I'm currently working on, but it was for PS3 and it would make my life a hell of lot easier if I was able to convert that save to 360 but I guess its not possible.