How to view/delete download history on OSX

noneed Jan 16, 2013

1. noneed

noneed Hitman Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Those of us on Apple computers (and hackintoshes) need to be aware that our computers can betray us. There is a logging feature built into OSX that keeps track of your download history independent of your browser settings. If you are like me and value your privacy, here's how to see what your computer has to say about your activities.

(Step 1) Navigate to your "applications" folder, and find the "utilities" folder, inside you will find the "Terminal" program.

[​IMG]

(Step 2) Launch Terminal and you should see something similiar to this:

[​IMG]

(Step 3)Type (or copy and paste) the following syntax in Terminal and hit enter:
    sqlite3 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.QuarantineEventsV* 'select LSQuarantineDataURLString from LSQuarantineEvent'
    [​IMG]
    This will cause the computer to display a list of the file names and origins of every download you have done.

To clear this list from memory, type (or copy and paste) the following syntax in Terminal and hit enter:
    sqlite3 ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.LaunchServices.QuarantineEventsV* 'delete from LSQuarantineEvent'
    [​IMG]
    To check that the logs were cleared, repeat Step 3 and look for no results to show this time.

Credits: Macworld for the correct syntax.

2. tE

tEcHN0 Guest

Everyone knows you are only deleting the history for one reason :eek:hh:

:trolldance:

3. noneed

noneed Hitman Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Not true, I am proud of my pr0n, its the work stuff I am ashamed of :)