How to share games on Xbox One!

NaCLy AF Nov 23, 2013

1. ke

keithm Newbie
    105/188

Hello,

Want to ask something - based on my understanding of this don't think this would work but want to ask.....

Can you do this with 3+ people?

Say P1 has Ryse, P2 has Forza and P3 has Fifa.

If P2 sets P1's profile as their home

P3 sets P2's profile as their home

and P1 sets P3's profile as their home

I understand P2 will definitely get Ryse and P3 will definitely get Forza and P1 Fifa

BUT

will P3 get Forza + Ryse? and thus P1 gets Fifa + Forza and P2 gets Ryse + Fifa?

waiting on 1 more friend to get xb1 to try this, doubt it would work but just thought I would ask.

The reason I don't think this would work is because from my understanding this method transfers a profiles licenses onto an xb1, therefor that xb1 cant transfer those licenses (only profiles transfer licenses).

2. bornbad

bornbad Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    so i came across this article yesterday........

Since the launch of Xbox One, gamers have noticed a workaround that allows two friends to share each others paid content. This means only 1 of you need buy a game off the Game Store and it can be accessed and played from each others Xbox One console. You’re probably not seeing the wrong doing in that unless you actually take a read of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use!
    How “Friends” are obtaining each others content:
    1 – Get your friends Xbox LIVE details and log into this account on your own Xbox One
    2 – Go to settings, My Home Xbox and set your friends gamertag as the Home Xbox
    3 – Your friend must do the same with your own account on their Xbox One
    Now you should be able to access and download all content from each others Xbox LIVE Accounts, but the Home Xbox feature was only in place to enable family and friends to play your games on the Xbox Home console even when they’re signed in with their own profiles.
    Currently there are not any reports of Account bans, but since sharing your account password and obtaining content that is infringing IP rights (basically playing a game you did not buy the license to use the software yourself covers this) is against the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use – it is only a matter of time before a huge Microsoft enforced Ban-Hammer drops in your direction!
    Sharing games also constitutes online fraudulent activity which is against the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct – this stipulates that you can not play any illegitimately obtained software, nor lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account.
    If you know someone who is doing the above mentioned procedure, or you are doing this yourself with a friend…
    STOP NOW BEFORE YOU LOSE EVERYTHING!!

now i really cant see xbox tracking ip addys or even monitoring how many times someone is logging in on their profile on specific machine s so any idea s how they would enforce this or catch ppl doing it ?

3. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    when you buy a game it says the game can be downloaded to 2 consoles. So no gamesharing doesnt violate any Xbox live rules

4. bornbad

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
  5. NaCLy AF

235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
  6. bornbad

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Gutted dont think this will work :(
    reason:Xbox One Digital Games
    • How many consoles can I use a game on?

You will get a device license and a user license to every game you download from the Services. You can designate one console as your “Home” console and multiple users can select the same console for their Home console. The device license will automatically attach to your Home console, even if it’s not the console you are making the purchase from. As the purchaser of the game, the user license will be associated with your Xbox Live account.

• Who can use my game?

Anyone can use your game on your Home console under your device license. When you log onto any other console with your Xbox Live account, you may use all games to which you have a user license.

• Can I change my Home console to a different console?

You can change which console is your Home console up to 3 times during a one year period (365 days). When you change Home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new Home console and will no longer be available on your old “Home” console.
    was gonna try this with my two brothers tomorrow as well to see if we could ve got the three done

7. AkTiVe

AkTiVe Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    All I have for trade is
    Killer Instinct : Ultra Pack
    CoD Ghosts: Wolf Skin

I am looking for Dead Rising 3.

8. kingrob101

kingrob101 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    anyone want me to share their games with me and il let you use my netflix account

9. NaCLy AF

235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    :LOL: Xbox games 60$ vs Netflix 7$. Seems fair

10. kingrob101

kingrob101 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    1 game vs 200+ movies. seems fair

11. NaCLy AF

235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Like i said you can get the 200+ movies by paying 7$.. Can you get the game?

12. kingrob101

kingrob101 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    yea

13. Fu

FunniestDread Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Thanks for this tutorial, this works great.

14. Atzenalex

Atzenalex Rookie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i have tried this with a friend and it worked great

15. oM

oMarcus2Ko Newbie
    0/47

Hey if anyone has Killer Instinct Ultra Edition with all characters or Call of duty ghost msg me on the One, GT:eek:Marcus2Ko

16. oM

oMarcus2Ko Newbie
    0/47

I have DR3, msg me on Xbox One GT:eek:Marcus2Ko

17. AkTiVe

AkTiVe Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    just bought it 3 days ago in disk format.
    you don't have the new Tomb Raider by any chance?

18. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    shame this is digital download only as i have bf4 on disc .

19. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I highly dopubt this is breaking xbox live terms of use as they have stated how to do it and as long as the profiles are set to your home xbox you can actually play the digital game without even signing in on the GT it was bought with ;)

I have done it with Ryse, Fifa 14 and Forza 5 and i have Ghosts, DR3 and NFS Rivals on disc ;)

20. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    It's perfectly legal. I even have a transcript of me talking with an Xbox Support employee and he said it's fine and it wasn't really intended, but it's still fine. Seeing as you can only do it up to three times a year anyway. Chances of it getting taken out as a feature is slim also as it was an advertised feature back during the E3 announcement, of course that was taken out due to the re-vamp of the restrictions of the console. But the Home Xbox method was implemented to replace that. I do not see anywhere else in the ToS that states you cannot do the same thing with a friend. It was, again an advertised feature after all.

I was also informed that IF they decided to take the feature out, then they would need to implement a similar method as it's very cost effective.

Source: My conversation with the Support Agent
    Code:
    Ren: Right, so as long as it's strictly between our two consoles. We don't need to worry. One more thing, do MS have plans to change this down the line? because this is very handy for us and I don't want to pay half of a game, and then my brother does the same so down the line only one of us has access.
    Tedd: At this moment though, if you ask my honest opinion, I don't think this is gonna get removed, we have taken our the family bundle because of this, so if in case this feature is taken out, we would need a different feature to replace this and that will be a lot of planning and investment definitely.
    Tedd: *taken out
    Ren: Alright, that's great. So I really don't have to worry. Now I can tell my brother the good news, we can share the games we buy and play at the same time and share all DLC. This is a nice feature. Can I also take a reference number for this chat please? for the future?