How to Mod Achievements using Ex Profile Editor 2.02

lavaguy96 Jan 14, 2013

1. lavaguy96

lavaguy96 Slayer Of 32Bit
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    Welcome to my first modding tutorial: How to Unlock Achievements using Xbox Profile Editor 2.02. Any tips on how to make this tutorial better are greatly appreciated and will be given credit. I know there are others, but they are outdated and some are even missing crucial steps. Also, word of warning: The first part of the tutorial is a general tutorial, with the last part specific to profile modding. Well, here we go.

Purpose of the Tutorial
    -After reading this tutorial, you should be able to mod achievements on Xbox 360 games that are on your profile, thus increasing your Gamerscore and helping you 100% games. In addition, you will know how to extract your profile.

Warnings – PLEASE READ
    -Before you continue, you need to know the risks and how to avoid them. If you don’t want to take the risks, then stop reading after this section.

Risk 1: Gamerscore Reset
    The Risk: Having your Gamerscore reset to 0 and being placed in the Cheater gamerzone.
    The Cause: The most common cause of this happening is people getting carried away, unlocking too many achievements at once, causing a massive increase in gamerscore and alerting Microsoft that something is up. Another cause is unlocking Online Achievements offline.
    The solution: Moderation is key. Do not increase your gamerscore by a significant amount each time. My suggestion is a MAXIMUM of 7,000 at a time, though 5,000 would be better(If anyone disagrees with these values, please say so and state your opinion.) Also, pay attention to EVERY achievement. Make sure they are offline ones when you unlock them. There is an option to unlock an achievement online, but it can still set off a flag. My suggestion: Don’t unlock online achievements.

Risk 2: Suspended from Xbox Live
    The Risk: Having your Xbox Live Account suspended for a set amount of time.
    The Cause: Same as Risk 1
    The Solution: Same as Risk 1

What You Need
    -Contains all programs needed.
    -A 4GB or higher USB Drive configured to work with your Xbox 360 Console.
    -Slight intelligence(This costs extra, unfortunately.)

The Tutorial
    *If you have a USB already set up for Xbox, skip to Part 2 *
    *If you already know how to transfer your Live Profile to your USB, do so and skip to Part 3*

Part 1: Setting up your USB for Xbox 360 use.
    Step 1: Plug the USB into an open USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
    Step 2: Go to My Xbox, scroll all the way to the right, and select System Information.
    Step 3: Go to Memory. You should see the option to select USB Memory, or something of that nature.
    Step 4: Select that, and follow the steps. *WARNING*Doing this step will format the USB UNLESS you choose to partition part of the flash drive for use for Xbox. I personally find it easier to just dedicate a USB Drive for Xbox modding.
    Step 5: Let it do its thing. Now on to part 2!

Part 2: Moving your Xbox Live Profile to your USB drive.
    Step 1: Plug the Xbox-formatted USB into the Xbox 360 system.
    Step 2: Go to my Xbox, scroll all the way to the right, and select System Information.
    Step 3: Go to Memory, select the Xbox 360 Hard Drive, and go to Profiles.
    Step 4: Select your profile and Move it to the USB Drive.
    Step 5: Remove the USB from your Xbox 360 system and plug it into your computer.
    Step 6: Open up the USB Explorer. Click on the folder there until you reach FFFE07D1. Open it; your profile is in this folder.
    Step 7: Click “Extract” and extract it to an easily-accessible file.
    Step 8: Repeat Step 7, but RENAME the file, adding “BackUp” to the end with a space, like this: “E000.. Backup”. This way, you have a backup copy of your profile in case something goes wrong. DO THIS EVERYTIME YOU EXTRACT YOUR PROFILE.
    Step 9: Keep the USB Explorer open. You will need it later.

Part 3: Modding your profile.
    -Step 1: Open up the Xbox 360 Profile Editor
    -Step 2: Click open, then navigate and open the profile you extracted, NOT the backup copy.
    -Step 3: You can now see all the games that you have played. By clicking a game, you can see the list of achievements there and their status(locked or unlocked). Select the game you want to unlock achievements for.
    -Step 4: This step depends on what you want to do.

Sub-Step 1: If ALL achievements for this game are offline, then it is safe to use the unlock all button to unlock them all. Click this button, read the warning(this isn’t that necessary for offline achievements), and click okay. All your achievements for that game are now unlocked. Do this for each OFFLINE game you want(remember my warnings.) If this is all you want to do, go on to Step 5. If you wish to mod online achievements, or a game with them, go to Sub-Step 2.

Sub-Step 2: If a game has online achievements, then the Unlock All(Offline) option will not work(well, it will, but you increase your chance of being reset or banned.) Therefore, you must do each achievement single. To do this, click the achievement you wish to unlock, then select the right option for it(Offline if it is an offline achievement, online if it is an online achievement[Again, I do NOT recommend unlocking online achievements.]). Then click set. This will unlock the achievement. Do this for each achievement you want unlocked. IF you decide to do online, CHANGE THE TIMESTAMPS. Do NOT have 5 online achievements unlocked at the same time. Use common sense here.

-Step 5: Once you are done modding your achievements, click the Xbox icon in the top left corner, and click Save. Close the Profile editor.
    -Step 6: Open up Modio. (I would suggest creating an account, but it isn’t necessary.). Click “Open Save”. Navigate to the newly saved profile and open it.
    -Step 7: A small screen should pop up that contains your gamer picture and Profile ID. On this small screen, click the Rehash and Resign button and wait for it to finish. (In the lower left corner of that screen, you should see your gamertag. When it is done, this block will say “Rehashed and Resigned”).
    -Step 8: Go back to the USB Explorer, delete the file there(this SHOULD be your profile if you followed my steps; if not, navigate back to it). Then click “Inject” and select the rehashed/resigned profile(Same one you have used throughout this entire thing.)
    -Step 9: Plug back into your Xbox and boot it. Connect to Xbox Live, DISCONNECT from Live, then reconnect. Your gamerscore should now reflect the changed you made.

And there you have it! You have successfully modded your gamerscore. Remember, there is ALWAYS the chance you will get caught; however, if you follow this guide, you make the chances as low as you possibly can.

Good luck, and happy modding.

If you disagree with anything here, or have any suggestions, please post them. You will be credited.

2. ThatEmoKid

ThatEmoKid Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey while i was using this after i unlocked a few achievements i closed the program and started it back up again later. When i tried to unlock a couple more achievements the achievement would unlock but the picture would show up in the program and it wold say, "Images are missing" I tried to do it a couple of different times but i still got the same message. Do you know how to fix this?? It would help alot.

3. Ta

Taft Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Works great but now when I get achievements in game they sometimes disappear and it wont help if I re-take them.
    I have to re-download my gamertag to be able to obtain it again. And now I tried to use editor and when I tried to open my profile I get error message. Weird...

4. Gamer1991

Gamer1991 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think it takes time to update, Im experiencing the same thing my gamerscore does up and stays there but the actual achievements themselves dont unlock so im just biding my time.

5. de

deanthedaddy78 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi :wtf: i am having trouble with the profile editor it comes up with a error message '' Unhandled exception has occurred in your application"

can anyone help?

this is driving me mad :cry: i downloaded from the link given above followed the instructions down to the T

but keep getting :vinsent: error message :dash2:
    :fool:

6. daniyal

daniyal The Deathbringer of COD
    45/47

Student
    Console:
    Playstation 4
    Same here but only when i press unlock all or when i load a particular profile

7. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Easy SOLUTION: Play the game and earn the achievement ;)

8. xCyberCloudx

xCyberCloudx Newbie BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well it works for my offline profile but there are no pictures and it doesnt update your total gamerscore as its still 0g but on the Completed Games tab it shows 3205/3205g

9. sh

shizusan Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi I have that error exception as well, is there a working up to date full guide on how to hack achievements? What programs to use that work 2013?

10. Ke

Ketevan Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I too have the same error so I use the version before the latest update and it works but still occassionally crashes.
    Most times I unlock an achievement it works but many of the achievements don't have the images to go with them so they won't unlock.

How do you get around this? Is there a way to manually add the image yourself?

11. modhack5005

modhack5005 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    IT STUPID TO MOD GAMERSCORE JUST EARN IT LEGIT THERE NO POINT MOD GAMERSCORE YOU KNOW YOU JUST GET BANNED AGAIN :d

12. modhack5005

modhack5005 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    IT STUPID TO MOD GAMERSCORE JUST EARN IT LEGIT THERE NO POINT MOD GAMERSCORE YOU KNOW YOU JUST GET BANNED AGAIN :d

13. sh

shizusan Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Perhaps you are right, but the problem is if you complete a game with another save and because of it you not have achivements unlocked is it not possible to find this out and be banned either way? or achievments for some games that unlocks in game content?

14. arabbit

arabbit Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    could i still get bannned if i use my mates profile that he got on my xbox , he hasnt signed up for XBOXLive yet i just want to use for a dummy acount and generally when my firend comes around he uses but even tho main source profile thats in controller 1 is my own one could it be traced on when im playing for example black op on splitscreen even tho iv got gold membership on my main acount ?.?

15. ja

janner66 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have used this programme to transfer my gamer score from one profile to the other. I saved all the gpds I legitimately earned, saved them to exgpds and injected them in to my other profile. When I turn on the xbox the gamerscore has jumped from 11500 to 21500 (I didn't read your warnings until afterwards :cry: ) but when I logged on to xbox.com under the profile with 21500, my gamerscore is 11500 still and although the games are there that I transferred they all say 0 achievements. What's happened there?

I was a bit worried about it so I deleted and recovered my gamertag. My gamerscore is now the same as xbox.com. I just hope they didn't notice my score going up and down!

Something doesn't like bulk updates like that as when I did it one at a time they worked and were in synch.

16. Ra

RawDcoy Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    File Unavailable for Transfer

17. ma

maelyneblair43 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox

18. Ca

Caruti Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    my xbl acc has been running with 70k achievements i did all at one time for about 8 months now i just made sure to leave all the online stuff off and do them myself haha :)

19. ka

kaponiLKD Newbie
    0/47

funciona para descargar las imagenes de los logros?

20. michaelvdw4

michaelvdw4 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Thank you for this tutorial.
    I wish I had stumble upon this thread sooner.
    I used lefluff editor to edit my profile and when I go to xbox desktop achievement it does not show the picture for that achievement unlocked.
    I dont play online so I will be ok.