How to find Compression Method of a UDK Game Save?

XboxRainbow Sep 17, 2012

1. XboxRainbow

XboxRainbow Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    I've for some time have been trying to figure out the compression method used on a binary game save file by a UDK game called Dungeon Defenders for the Xbox 360.
    STFS is not a problem, the problem is figuring out the compression algorythm used by this game so I can make a game save editor for it.
    The game compresses the raw big endian data into 100 KB file size.. no matter what size the raw data is up to a point.. which ceiling I haven't found because I've managed to have roughly 512KBs of raw data in one of my game saves.

Anyway I've tryed PAYING for an answer... tried multiple professional programing help websites and still no answer yet.

Anyone willing to look at it and help me understand the structure of this compressed data? It has a UE3 tag of 9E 2A 83 C1 in the header and there's many 00 02's as such:
    00 00 00 1C 00 00 XX XX 00 XX XX XX 9E 2A 83 C1 00 02 00 00 00 00
    XX XX 00 XX XX XX 00 00 XX XX 00 02 00 00 00 00 XX XX 00 XX

I've attached an archive with various pairs of uncompressed and compressed game saves for help discovering the method. There is a tool out there for this but it only works on raw data up to around 250KBs tops... this is a problem.

So I'll put a bounty of $25 to $50 via paypal for whoever gets me a working method to uncompress and decompress the raw data beyond 300KBs in a way that I can use in VB.

I've already dumped money on this like $50 on justanswer and other places, which is why my bounty is low.. or I would have put a bigger bounty on this. But my money is good!

Edit:
    I only have 500K attachment quota so I have to use an external link.. sorry:
    http://www11.zippysh...63327/file.html

Edit 2:
    To Moderator
    I just realized that I may have posted this in the wrong forum, if so please move this thread to the forum it belongs in.
    Sorry and thank you.

2. XboxRainbow

XboxRainbow Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Other
    No one wants $50 for finding a decompression method already used in an existing app?