How The Xbox One Graphics Will Improve In 2014

Bullet Apr 14, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

We have all heard the amazing claims about Direct x12 and how it will greatly improve the Xbox One's graphics which is great news and with all great news there always seems to be some bad news right? Well the bad news is that Direct X12 isn't expected to launch until the later part of 2015. It's not all doom and gloom though as the current software will still receive updates in the meantime and companies such as 'Graphine Software' are already working on applications that will vastly improve the Xbox One's graphics.

Graphine's SDK 'Granite' enables you to have the extremely detailed object surfaces needed to render in high definition, it can easily generate graphical landscapes with HD textures and still maintain strong compression.

Granite will work alongside Direct X 11.2 which means we will see vast improvements in the Xbox One's graphics sooner rather than later according to CEO of Graphine:

“The Granite SDK supports both software and hardware virtual texturing. The latter is also called ‘Tiled Resources’ in DX 11.2 or Partially Resident Textures in OpenGL. The benefit with hardware virtual texturing is that the hardware now takes care of filtering across tile borders as well as fetching the correct pixel from the cache.

“This makes the shaders less complex and faster to execute. Another big advantage is that you don’t need to add pixel borders to your tiles so that the memory usage can be reduced. The Granite SDK will automatically switch to hardware virtual texturing if it is available on your system, or it will fall back to software virtual texturing if it’s not.

This is great news for the future of the Xbox One.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2014
  2. Dj

Djjw Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Still slacking, Microsoft needs to speed things up. I ain't paid for a game since I had the bag of crap. I'm bored of Xbox one because there are no games. I only want 1 game this year, I was gonna buy elder scrolls but paying for another £8.99 an Xbox live gold sucks. If I did sell my xone I would buy a PC for gaming, not a ps4.

3. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Djjw" data-time="1397471109">
    <div>
    Still slacking, Microsoft needs to speed things up. I ain't paid for a game since I had the bag of crap. I'm bored of Xbox one because there are no games. I only want 1 game this year, I was gonna buy elder scrolls but paying for another £8.99 an Xbox live gold sucks. If I did sell my xone I would buy a PC for gaming, not a ps4.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    There are already several games that are worth buying for xbox one. If your complaining that much about it than you might as well get a pc. And if yoru complaining that there slacking they have a list of games that are being released before you baught the xbox one. Sorry but thats pretty much your own fault. And i already think the console has way better graphics than the xbox 360. But yeah cant wait for DX12 to be released. And ESO is going to be awesome. I dont care to much about paying the extra money. I've been waiting for on MMORPG to be released on console. Diablo well i dont like diablo but ESO is going to knock them out of the water. 2 months away.

4. ag

agentfortys3v3n Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The new trials game launches at 792p and needs patched for 900p, its not what you call graphically amazing yet it cant run at 1080p

5. Wo

Wolfmaster5 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Games will run at 1080p on you're TV cause you can set up the Xbox ONE to run 1080p. So stop bitching like a PS4 Fanboy who's console runs on the same server's as the PS3

6. dorkusrex

dorkusrex Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Fleetpaw" data-time="1397609101">
    <div>
    Games will run at 1080p on you're TV cause you can set up the Xbox ONE to run 1080p. So stop bitching like a PS4 Fanboy who's console runs on the same server's as the PS3
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    I'm not a PS4 fanboy but i kinda wish people would quit saying the Xbox one runs at 1080p. It doesn't really- it is an upscaled 720p not a native 1080p. An upscaled 720 will always be inferior to native 1080 and cannot look as good.

7. ce

ceeka Guest

Exactly. Very poor next gen hardware, if a 2D game can't run at 1080P native.