Hexing Mass Effect 2

c0madr0ne Feb 1, 2010

1. c0

c0madr0ne Member
    10/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    first you need to get the con from your mu. open the container in MODIO, and click file contents. extract the save you want to mod.

things that i know how to hex are...

minerals, squad points, ammo, and money.

for minerals and credits search for your value, and change it to what you would like. i dont recommend adding bytes. ( if you have less that 65k dont go above FF FF)

For squad points search for you character name (mine was COMA) then go 10 byte in front and your points should be there. check the values to be sure

for ammo serach SFXweapon you will come up with sfxweapon_assaultrifle (may be different) from the last letter on the weapon discription count 8 bytes forward. bytes 8 and 9 are your ammo. i like to put FF FF for bytes 8 and 9. you will never use all that ammo.

after you edit what you would like save. then open your save in the tool provided and it will give you the checksum. copy the check sum (if it give ffffff use only the 8 bits after the fff's)
    the checksum in the save is the VERY LAST 4 bytes.... overwrite those with the checksum the tool gave you. reinsert the save into the mass effect 2 container, and put back on mempry unit. no need to rehash.

TOOL HERE

2. Ji

JizzaBeez The One and Only
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Can you verify that this tool works? If the way he's calculating the checksum with his tool works then I can use that info towards making an editor, so that way the editor would do it all (edit, fix sum, rehash/resign). I haven't got the game yet so I can't test the saves... :(

3. c0

c0madr0ne Member
    45/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    has not failed on me yet, also i never rehash after injecting the save back into the container. since you fixed the check sum and all.

4. th

thedivinemonkey Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    Jizzabeez if you need any save files, or data, let me know. I've been able to mod most of the stuff, but it gets difficult when you put in disk 2. Information gets a little shuffled.

5. c0

c0madr0ne Member
    45/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    nothing is static so its going to be a challenge anyways. but xp is not moddable so domt bother. also the HEAVYWEAPON is not, the ammo is different for each heavyweapon.

cap for credits is 9,999,999

for elements i got over 1 million but you dont need that much to buy every upgrade so i would cap at 3 bytes to be safe

6. Griever

Griever Newbie
    0/47

this tut wasn't helpful at all...... can someone make an editor please??

7. c0

c0madr0ne Member
    45/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    well you have to have some knowledge of heing to follow. maybe try this

http://tinyurl.com/ykgxzrn

youtube links at the bottom have masseffect 2

8. Griever

Griever Newbie
    0/47

I will check that out, thanks

9. crobinh

crobinh Rookie
    10/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    You need to extract the actual .sav file I used m.o.d.i.o. In m.o.d.i.o. you can open the con file and see the chapter, auto and your own saves. Choose one of your own save files to hex edit and do the check sum on. The checksum will be entered into the very last 4 bytes (8 chars) of the modded save. then just put it back into the con and save back to the device. which is what he used but they block the word and replace it with 60 Revolution which caused me to mess up a save.