Help with xbox 360

Caper Dec 19, 2013

1. Ca

Caper Newbie
    0/47

Hello guys I don't really know anything about xbox's although I have bought my son one for his Christmas ive heard about flashing and an xkey and to be honest I'm lost with what to do with it I'd like to know the pros and cons of each and what the most popular route people use to play copied games is. also can games be put on the hard drive? I guess I'm asking what I should do with it for him I've tried reading about it but I don't really know what it all means and I'm running out of time to get things done, thanks in advance.

P.s if this is in the wrong section could a mod please telle and move it to the right one.

2. XPMaster

XPMaster Lifetime XPG Lifetime Gold
    50/94

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi, first question is are you talking about an xbox one or a 360?
    If it's an xbox one, the new ones which cost £500+ then you can't do anything at the moment.

3. jayt180703

jayt180703 i think ive broke it
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    all phat older xbox 360s can be modded to play backups through a drive firmware change and slim consoles before 09/11 can also have firmware changed on the drive to play backups either of the two can be rgh modded to boot games from a hdd but other programmes need to be installed to the rgh first you can find more on this subject in the rgh forums .

as for xbox one as far as im aware there will be no mods released possibly for a few weeks maybe even months as yet for it and i doubt very much we will see it booting backup games due to the size of the bluray isos .

4. dave hudson

dave hudson Botty Destroyer XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Best bet is getting the xbox flashed if your wanting to play copied games on the xbox.There is plenty of people that offer the service on here for decent prices.
    Also xkey does require a flashed xbox as you need the dvd key from the xbox to add to the xkey but what the xkey does is it emulates the dvd drive so no games are required just the iso on a external hdd so you can play games from the hdd without using the dvd drive.

Im sure someone in the selling section is selling an xbox with the xkey fitted and is from the uk.

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

Moved from Xbox One modding to Xbox 360 support.

6. Ca

Caper Newbie
    0/47

Hello guys sorry I should have said its an xbox 360 and it says on the box 250gb/Go.

I was told if I got it flashed I could get the hard drive loaded with games I take it I'm wrong in thinking that and it would also need to have the xkey to do this? Thanks again for your help.

7. jayt180703

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    yes you will need an xkey fitting to boot games from an externall hdd.

8. Ca

Caper Newbie
    0/47

Thanks for your help guys so looks like I'm needing to get it flashed then buy an xkey where can I get them from and is there different types or is an xkey just an xkey? Also anybody selling copied games lol?

Iv just red in the sale section should have lT+2.0 can anybody tell me what this means?

And can an xbox that's been flashed be reversed? I heard you can be banned from xbox live can this be reversed? Sorry for the 100 questions lads but thanks for your help

9. Bu

Bullet Guest

Hi Caper, you can buy xKey from several different outlets, i suggest you find the cheapest one!

If you go down the route of an xKey you will not actually need 'copied' games per say because you simply put the game iso onto you're external HDD without the need of discs, as the xKey emulates the Xbox 360 drive. You can download the games from numerous places or even send off you're HDD to get them filled up with games.

As for reversing a flashed drive, yes you can, however if you plan on doing so after a ban this simply wont do you any good.

If you wish to flash you're drive to play backup's or games you do not own ( aka piracy) then you also run the risk of getting banned from XBL. Having said that, the rate of bans from XBL has dropped dramatically since the introduction of LT3.0 and xKey

10. jayt180703

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    where are u based i can flash and do games for you if youre uk and the console needs to be on lt3.0 to play all new xgd3 games its really upto wheter you need an xkey as you can just have it flashed and use copies/backups .

11. g19smoker

g19smoker RGH Proness Lifetime Gold
    125/188

Console:
    Xbox
    you need lt3.0 that's the latest firm wear for the 360, if you want to burn games your self ( like downloads ) get a ihas burner as this will burn all the latest games you want to play, all ways run the iso through a program called abgx ( before your burn ) that will patch any thing that the game needs to play safe on xbl, and use a program called image burn to burn with this works 100% for me every time m8.

12. Ca

Caper Newbie
    0/47

Thanks again lads I know where I stand with it now lol. J4Y I'm in fife Scotland mate.

13. Ca

Caper Newbie
    0/47

Lads I was trying to find out about flashing them and heard they don't last long after being done do they end up overheating and end up wih the red ring problem is this true?

Cheers again.

14. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Caper, if you do decide to go the flashing or XK3Y route. I'm just across the bridge in Dundee. So it wouldn't be a problem for us both.

Whoever posted stuff like that is an idiot beyond all idiots. The laser can degrade over time if you use cheap media, but if you use proper verbatim discs. It will run like a dream. Nor will it cause overheating.

15. Chattanooga360

Chattanooga360 ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Whoever told you that was full of it ... Flashing has nothing to do with the console you are flashing the dvddrive only Give renegade a shout he is close to you and is a trusted member here

16. Ca

Caper Newbie
    0/47

Cheers lads.