alyssa305 Jan 22, 2013
Hello just got the xk3y and i have no clue how to update the firmware :/
1. Extract the three files "rootfs", "uImage" & "xkey.cfg"
2. Open xkey.cfg with Notepad and configure it if needed.
2.1 Add the three files to the root folder of a Flash Drive or HDD. (Make sure to "eject" the drive properly from the PC, it may otherwise cause corrupt files)
3. Connect the Flash drive or HDD to your xk3y remote and wait for the xk3y to start the update.
3.1 The remote OLED will now display "UPDATING - PLEASE WAIT" for about 35 seconds. (Do not turn off your XB360 or disconnect the remote while updating)
4. Once the update is completed, the OLED will display "UPDATE COMPLETE - RESET XBOX" Reboot your xbox and the xk3y should now be updated to the latest firmware.
5. That's it! Continue to enjoy using xk3y with the new features!
NOTE! If you use the same drive as you store games on to do the update with, then its recommended (not needed) to remove the "rootfs", "uImage" & "xkey.cfg" from the root of your drive after a firmware update. Since keeping them there will cause the xk3y to check the files if they are a newer firmware version then stored on your xk3y micro SD card, and because of that take longer time for your HDD to be recognized.
u need a formated usb stick. Put the firmware update files in it and plug it into the xkey remote. Power on console and it will update itself.
Yeah i try to but say there not enough memory in the sd card
1. BootINIT sector
2. Ext3 sector (this contains rootfs and uImage, the xk3y firmware files). You will not be able to see this
in a non linux machine. If you want to update these files there is no need to see this partition, you can
update your xk3y via a USB, and the xk3y will copy these files onto this partition for you.
3. a 0.98mb Fat32 partition. This is where you put your firmware.bin or dummy.bin to configure the xk3y.
Okay where do i find my dummy.bin
The sd card that came with your xkey you do not mess with except for putting in your dummy.bin or firmware.bin
You need a regular usb stick to update the firmware after you install everything.
You have to create your firmware.bin or dummy.bin from your dvd drive.
If your consoles has a liteon dvd drive then it needs dummy.bin
Any other type of dvd drive you will need firmware.bin.
where do i get dummy bin been looking at there site and say i need dump my xbox360 which i have no clue how to do
it depends on which model dvd drive you have in your console. Some can be connected to your PC sata port and dumped others need additional hardware like 360USB pro or CK3 with probe.
O god dont tell me i need open my desktop DAMN THING SO BIG FML TY SO MUCH
Dvd driver doesnt need be connected to the xbox correct?
o wow how do i power the dvd driver using my desktop
you can connect the drive to pc sata and power from Xbox. Unless you have a CK
Idk what ck is and to power with the xbox does the xbox need be on couldnt that break it since it doesnt have the case on?
Also jungleflasher wont work for me one of those days man
Ok i did research on it and the way im doing supposely get the xbox flag
Hey bruddha! I live in Honolulu, HI. I just bought the x360usb pro, but I can't find an external molex power adapter... Do you know the best way to power the drive? I've heard that you can get flagged for a ban if you power the drive through the xbox.
it's unproven that a ban flag is created however to be safe you can either...
1. Purchase a CK3 or comparative product.
2. Use a already banned xbox 360 to power your drive while you do the flash.
3. Use a old school xbox (the original microsoft xbox) to power your drive to perform your flash.
4. Borrow one of the above from someone else if you don't have any of the above.
should i just buy this ck3 people r talking about or do it this way and if so where do i buy a ck3
Separate names with a comma.