[help] Height map reader for use in XNA

dnq6 Jan 8, 2014

1. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey guys, so i need a bit of help, i need a height map reader for c# just so i can get my 3d modeling of all the ground in a game i'm working on completed. I figure that one of the easiest things to use would be a height map so i can get realistic textures as realism is what the game is about! Just wondering if anybody has much knowledge of how to implement such a thing!

I'm still doing research into it but i just though id post a topic here to see if any of you guys had any idea!

Thanks.

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Here is a quick model viewer sample that may help , I have a thread here somewhere with like 1.5gb of all the XNA samples M$ have available for 4.0 in their content catalog , EDIT: forgot it's mostly 360 code samples,,but still a fair amount of win samples in there as well http://www.xpgamesaves.com/topic/82790-video-tut-how-to-run-and-debug-xna-on-your-jtag-rgh-includes-over-1gb-of-samples-for-testing/

this is a screen of the viewer sample

[​IMG]

I really enjoy XNA, it's good fun and not overly complex , I had started a blog on my xna work, but I have not updated the progress in quite some time :| http://www.xpgamesaves.com/blog/18-begalbrew/

anyway hope the viewer helps a bit ;)

Attached Files:

3. dnq6

dnq6 Daniel
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah i got started with xna when i saw that post ;) re downloaded them and found a heightmap reader! Even has a nice .fbx tank model!

Xna is a lot of fun i agree! it is much more civilised in terms of getting information about different methods and constructors!

Thanks for the help!!