Help flashing my BenQ

Kalorexoc Apr 1, 2011

1. Ka

Kalorexoc Newbie
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Hey y'all I have been trying to figure out how to flash my BenQ VAd so i can play back-ups, and I think I have the jest of how to do it, but am still a bit confused on a few minor details, so I was hoping one of y'all could provide a little insight for the newb minded-like myself :p

1. According to what I read on Jungle flashers TuT I May need a Ck3? Is this true? or can i just have it grounded next to my PC?

2. I have a SATA cord going from my MOBO to my PC HDD, Can I use this to hook up my MOBO to my XBOX HDD for flashing, using the dosbios USB setup?

3. I got the December I-extreme Firmware off of Xbins, Im assuming this is the most recent?
    -If so, Is the i-extreme_Lt+ the right Firmware? only reason I ask is it sounds to closely related to Lite-on+.

I believe that's the only concerns I have, I really appreciate any help you guys can give me, I know y'all probably answer these questions a hundred-times-a-day, I just couldn't find a post relating to my Questions :-\

2. XPGCaboose

XPGCaboose XPG Lifer TeamXPG
    155/188

Console:
    Xbox
    for BenQ you DO NOT need a ck3. The CK3 is just to help you power on and off the drive without having to use the xbox 360 for power. With the ck3 you can remove the drive entirely and just use the ck3 to power and eject.

Some MOBO's will work directly connected to the drive and some will not. To test I assume there is an empty SATA port on your MOBO right next to the one that is used for your PC HDD. Get an extra SATA cable and connect that port to your Xbox 360 drive. Open jungle flasher and on the MTK Flash32 tab keep changing the ports in the top left corner to see if your Xbox360 drive comes up. It will say PBDS VAD6038 or SATA DVD-ROM assuming you disconnect your internal pc dvd rom if you have one.

The latest BenQ FW should be named (LTPlus-benq-v1.1.bin) which is LT+1.1. If this isn't the version you have then you don't have the latest.