Hard Mode Coming to "Crota's End Raid" on Destiny

reloadmydeagle Jan 16, 2015

1. reloadmydeagle

reloadmydeagle I LoVe GoldZ Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    The much anticipated hard mode for Crota's End Raid on Destiny is finally among us, and will be dropping to the public in a new update next Wednesday, January 21st. Bungie recently answered a Q&A regarding the matter on Destiny's Weekly Update.

Hard Mode for Crota's End is ready. We know you are, too. The first Fireteam to sink their teeth (and their sword) into the final boss (and by opposing, end him) will set the pace. We'll be watching. We might even send the World First finishers some swag from the Bungie Store.

When will this event occur?

Wednesday, January 21st - 10AM* Pacific

*(or soon after if we need more time to load the starting pistol)

Where will this occur?

To the Moon!

Access the Raid by selecting the activity in your Director, and choosing the harder difficulty. With the release of Hard Mode, Level 33 is the new bar to clear. Configure those upgrades and get mean, says the Bungie HQ.

How will this event occur?

I can't give you a playbook for how to end Crota this time. You don't need my help, anyway. If you've experienced Hard Mode in Vault of Glass, you have some clues for how we can scale up a Raid. Prepare to take better care of your teammates. You'll have fewer options for healing yourself, and each other. The enemies you're about to face are stronger and more prone to temper tantrums. Be brave! This could be the hardest one yet to face, as Bungie Stated..

Loot, if any?

Loot! Aside from the usual thrill of battling aliens with your favorite weapons and your most trusted allies, Hard Mode beckons with treasures all its own. We reserved some coveted rewards for the best raiders among you. Killing Crota will give you all a fighting chance to earn them, says Bungie.

Bungie's David "DeeJ" Dague, the one who released the Q&A above, also then goes on to talk about the new primary weapons that will be coming as loot from the hard raid. The level cap will also be increased to level 33, which is hinted above. I suppose this means more armor with higher light rating is to come as well. Maybe this will breathe life back into Destiny, which is becoming a wasteland for veteran players. I sure hope they come out with some more planets to explore in the future as well.

What do you say, are you XPG games ready to take on the challenge of hard mode?

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 16, 2015