Halo: Spartan Strike Postponed Until 2015

Bullet Dec 5, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

343industries have just announced that they will be postponing the release of Halo: Spartan Strike until early 2015 due to the ongoing issues with Halo: The Master Chief Collection.

https://twitter.com/Halo/status/540921453797834752?lang=en-gb
    Initially Earlier Halo: Spartan Strike, a touch-based top-down shooter for Windows 8, Windows Phone 8 and Steam, was set for release on December the 12th, however 343i are prioritizing the matchmaking issues that 'TMCC' is still experiencing despite numerous patches.

"While we’re excited about this all-new Halo experience, our commitment to resolving the current matchmaking issues in Halo: The Master Chief Collection remains the top priority. As a result, we have decided to move the release of Halo: Spartan Strike to early 2015.
    We can’t wait to show you more of Halo: Spartan Strike early next year." say 343i on the Halo community blog.

Needless to say this has angered a lot of Halo fans, and the recent announcement has been met with a lot of negative feedback, which I am sure 343 expected.

Halo: The Master Chief Collection was just one in a long list of games lately that has been broken on release and required numerous patches in a live environment to try to fix the issues. This seems to be a trend right now among developers and publishers to release broken or partially finished games to meet deadlines and fix them on the fly.

What do you think about Halo:Spartan Strike being postponed while 343 try to fix the issues that still plague TMCC ? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2014
  2. Yumiyashi

Yumiyashi © Grey Horse Pr0n Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    55/94

Console:
    Xbox
    They should scrap the stupid indie game and go for Halo Wars 2.