Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Guilherme Del Toro reveals his Ideas for Silent Hills

FreddyZVoorhees May 16, 2015

1. FreddyZVoorhees

FreddyZVoorhees Truth or happiness, never both. Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    135/188

Console:
    Xbox
    [​IMG]

If you are desolate due to the cancellation of Silent Hills, at least know that you are not alone - Guillermo Del Toro, Hollywood director who produce the game alongside Kojima also is as sad as. We never knew right as would be the game beyond what we saw in playable teaser - EN - It can no longer be downloaded from the PlayStation Store and not even re-installed who had it.

While talking to Del Toro on his next film, The Scarlet Hill, I told him how sorry I was for the purpose of Silent Hills. "We are also," he said. "The collaboration between Kojima and I, the meetings we had and the friendship that was being built was beautiful. We had reached an agreement where we wanted to get, how we would use the most of new platforms. We were having a great time."

Konami has stated that it is "committed to producing new titles in the franchise Silent Hill," but what would be the footprint of Del Toro and Kojima for the series? What were they planning?

See what Del Toro said:
    [​IMG]

"What we wanted to do with the game - and we agreed - was to take the technology and use it as much as possible to create terror in the house The idea was to create a heavy atmosphere, even soaked.."

. "What makes Silent Hill great is its heavy atmosphere with his intense and very active moments We wanted to do some of that too and most other innovative things we do not want to reveal if Silent Hills return - in fact, I would love someone to change his mind and we could make it a reality. "

"Norman [Reedus, Walking Dead series actor who would play the main character] was very happy. Hideo was super happy and me too. I'm aware of a petition that's going on the internet and you're getting a signature. I'll sign and I hope someone to watch it. "

Foitudo even more irritating to Del Toro because PT It was a great success.

"PT has been downloaded by many people, which shows the passion of the fans [the series]." Something that the very Hollywood director shares. "[Silent Hill] pleased me a lot when I played the first and second. It's a great mythology, an arena of storytelling too good to die. It's great."

Talking to him, it is clear that Del Toro is not just a Hollywood director wanting to stick in the world of video games; he has passion for the franchise and really believe in what can be done, but after two failed projects - the first called Insane, which was canceled in 2012 following the end of publisher THQ - Del Toro is not sure if he will get make a play at some point in your life.

"Well, I tried twice and still do not know if one day I will get back into shape. On one occasion, the company behind and went bankrupt on Monday, completely unexpected happened, with Kojima and Konami separating. I was staggered."

Del Toro told me that one of the reasons have been so shaken by everything that happened was the way the cancellation was made and the treatment that Konami gave PT, quickly removing it from the PlayStation Store and preventing people baixassem again. "That's what surprised me. It was not nice and it was a very ambiguous cancellation".

It is clear how disappointed Del Toro is the purpose of the project, not to work with Kojima or part of mythology Silent Hill, but what is more detectable in Del Toro's words is how much enthusiasm he still has for the project that will never true.

"Hideo and I are talking," he said at the end of the interview. "He knows he's the only guy I would go to the ends of the earth. If anything can be salvaged from what we had done, I'll be more than happy."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.