GOW Xbox One Remaster In The Works - Confirmed

Bullet Apr 25, 2015

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Gears of war (GOW) is the game that made me throw my PS2 controller down on the floor and run to the nearest shop and buy an Xbox 360. The first time I see the game being played round at my friend (Darren's) house, I just knew I had to have that game.

I have been quietly hoping that Gears Of War would burst it's way onto the the Xbox One since buying the Day One release, and if sources are to be believed, we could be seeing Gears Of War on the Xbox One in the form of a remaster.
    GOW was the game that sold Microsoft's Xbox 360 console, way back in November 2006, without doubt. The graphics at the time were like nothing seen before on any games console. The fight to save humanity sprawled over three further installments of the GOW series. Gears of War 2 released in 2008 followed by the release of Gears of War 3 in 2011, a further two years later in 2013, Epic Games and Microsoft released Gears of War: Judgment, a prequel to the series’ first title, which instead focuses on Damon Baird, one of Fenix's squad-mates.

Microsoft acquired the Gears of War property from Epic Games last year and rumors quickly circulated that Microsoft was working on a remastered Gears of War anthology for the Xbox One, named the “Marcus Fenix Collection.” However this was dismissed by Rod Fergusson, Black Tusk studio head.

What has been confirmed though is that Splash Damage is working on a remastered version of Gears of War for the Xbox One. The studio has several job listings that says “We are looking for a talented Concept Artist to help us develop a game in a well-known and popular AAA franchise." also one of the requirements is that applicants must have "Knowledge of Game Engines: like Unreal/Unity."

A test build of GOW for Xbox One is currently in circulation which features multiplayer modes only, such as:
    • Team Deathmatch,
    • King of the Hill,
    • 1 Life 1V1 Shotgun Deathmatch,
    • 1v1 Sudden Death Gnashers Only,
    • 4v4 Team Deathmatch Single Round,
    • 4v4 King Of The Hill Single Round
    Polygon also reported that they say they’ve seen screenshots from a remastered version of the opening cinematic from the original Gears of War. According to sources the Xbox One version of the game features improved lighting and increased texture quality, which is to be expected, and the game also runs at 60 frames per second.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2015
  2. Ro

Rocky Guest

I've never played a GOW game yet, I think the time might be here now.

Great article ;)

3. Bu

Bullet Guest

I love GOW and the first one is defo the best. Phil Spencer nailed it when he said the later titles in the series "felt like a parody of itself".
    If they do not change too much about the game it will be amazing... Hopefully they leave glitches in like the Kung Fu flip lol!<br><br>
    #flashbacks

4. Ro

Rocky Guest

I'm going to have to buy (lol) the first one on the Xbox 360 just to get a taste of the action now!

5. Bu

Bullet Guest

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Rocky" data-time="1429952021">
    <div>
    I'm going to have to buy (lol) the first one on the Xbox 360 just to get a taste of the action now!
    </div>
    </blockquote>

Up for a bit of co-op later if you are ;)<br>

6. s1m0n

s1m0n XPG Supporter
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I hope they bring the PC version with extra levels :) loved playing it in 60fps at 1080p on PC looks amazing .