For the month of March, Nintendo is celebrating its 2013 best-selling games, PokÃ©mon X and Y, by offering it for free after registering a Nintendo portable system and purchasing a game out of six qualifying titles.
To redeem the offer:
Again, the offer starts on March 1st and lasts until the 31st.
- Register the PIN number for a Nintendo 2DS, Nintendo 3DS, or Nintendo 3DS XL system between 3/1/14 (12:01 a.m. PT) and 3/31/14 (11:59 p.m. PT). The PIN number is found inside the hardware packaging.
- Link your systemâ€™s Nintendo eShop account to your Club Nintendo account.
- Register a digital or physical version of a qualifying game (Mario Kart 7, Super Mario 3D Land, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, LEGO City Undercover: The Chase Begins, Yoshiâ€™s New Island, Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D) in a Club Nintendo account between 3/1/14 (12:01 a.m. PT) and 3/31/14 (11:59 p.m. PT).
- To register a digital version, make sure to link your system to your Club Nintendo account before purchasing in Nintendo eShop.
- Physical versions can be registered using the PIN number included inside the software packaging.
- After both the system and game have been registered, click â€œSelect Your Free Gameâ€ in your Club Nintendo To-Do list.
- Choose your free game (PokÃ©mon X or PokÃ©mon Y).
- Verify the email address youâ€™d like the download code to be sent to, then confirm your order.
- The download code will appear on the screen. It will also be sent to the email address associated with your account, and will appear in your Reward Order History.
- The download code can be redeemed in the Nintendo eShop of any Nintendo 3DS family system and expires on 05/31/14.
To find out more about the free PokÃ©mon X and Y offer, visit this Club Nintendo website.