Gears of War 4 Could Be Much More of A Horror Game!

Nasyr May 10, 2015

1. Nasyr

Nasyr The Nice One Lifetime Gold XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    [​IMG]

At long last, we finally know that Black Tusk are working on a remastered version of the original Gears of War for XBOX One. When I first heard the news, I was initially surprised that it's only the first one and not a trilogy that's getting the remastered treatment. But after thinking about some of the statements made by Rod Fergusson, you can see where his love for the series resides.​
    Fergusson often talks fondly of the original instalment in the Gears of War franchise. Gears of War 2 and 3 would become much bigger and more blockbuster style titles. Their appeal was massive as the story became ever more incredible towards its explosive climax. But the series' creator references a tension and atmosphere that pervaded each and every area of the original Gears of War - one that the others couldn't eclipse. That's what he's trying to get back to for the release date of Gears of War 4 on the Xbox One.​
    [​IMG]
    Gears of War 4 - Embracing its Horror Roots On Release Date
    Gears of War was the first game that I ever played on the Xbox 360, and for that reason alone, this series means a lot to me. With this title I felt like I was being welcomed into an exciting new age of gaming - one that would show me things I never thought a game could possibly do. Seeing as this was the same generation that brought us the likes of The Last of Us towards its end, it lived up to its initial promises. You have a lot to live up to PS4 and Xbox One!​
    But think about it, the original Gears of War was a scary game. It had great jumps, a seriously bleak atmosphere and of course the nature of the enemies was always surprising in this new and exciting universe. Rod Fergusson has talked about betraying his fans with Gears of War 4. He's referencing the huge changes that the series will have to undergo in order to feel fresh upon its release date for the Xbox One. This is his baby, and he's going to ensure that Black Tusk give it the justice that it deserves.​
    [​IMG]
    But in talking about this element of betrayal, he also wants to highlight the qualities of the original Gears of War. He wants to get back to that atmosphere, that sense of horror and discovery. Gears of War 4 is likely going to be a much darker game then Gears of War 3. Perhaps the title may even include actual horror elements. We shall have to wait for E3 to get a bit more information on the progression of Gears of War 4.​
    What do you think fans? Will you be happier to see Gears of War 4 focus more on its atmosphere while introducing more horror elements? Which is your favourite Gears of War and are you looking forward to the release date of the Xbox One remaster of the original? Let us know in the comments!​
    Source: MP

2. XxStarzxX

XxStarzxX Banned! BANNED
    205/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    Damn I cannot wait for this game!!

3. scunnyemce

scunnyemce Loading ......... Lifetime Gold
    75/94

Console:
    Xbox
    same here cant wait !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. alex32

alex32 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    same here

5. FollowMyLead

FollowMyLead Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    im already for the remastered version and this game :)