Gamesaves Decryption

Jbrizzel Sep 17, 2012

1. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I have spent many hours trying to decrypt and re hash a saveset and I just am not sucessful at doing so. I can decrypt every save fine but when I go to rehash, that's when the save will not load and gives me a error. I have been gamesaving since 2006 so I know what I am doing and it's not caused by any noob errors.

I have uploaded the full German Bioshock saveset and I hope someone can take a look at it and see if they can decrypt and rehash sucessfully and get the saves to then load. I also provided the DLC that you may need in order to load the saves if you get it finally working. Just look for it in the XPG search bar.

Hopefully someone can help decrypt this beautiful set as many XPG users would love having it.

Download Link:

http://www.xpgamesav...-saveset-1100g/

2. Menov

Menov 5.0 COBRA R 1993 Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ghetto Child JQ Brizzel from 360gamesaves? 360gamesaves encrypted? After you merge the file with the decrypter, it makes it a Fallout 3 game id but the contents of the save is still the same ! So extract the content and from the decrypted save to desktop, Then make a new save for the game, load this save up in package manager, click on contents tab right click and replace it with the content from the decrypted save . This has worked for me recently for some old save sets from 360gamesaves I did this on Dead Space, Shinobi, and Comix Zone and the above method worked for me.

3. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    There is two decrypters out there that work for me but some save sets use one and other sets use the the other one, This is the one I used on the sets above I mentioned, 360GS Mass Decrypter - NRU, when you decrypt the save it makes what ever save your using into a Fallout 3 game ID ( if you load up the save after you decrypt it on you console it will show up as Fallout 3 save but the contents of the save is correct.

The post above is exactly what I did to get save to work for me, Hope this helps you out. :eek:hh: LMK if this works for you :|

4. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah, I was Ghetto Child from 360gamesaves back in the day. Yeah it's 360gs encrypted, my old bud Joe9081 aka Moodyman9081 made this whole set and contributed it to 360gs before the site closed and now I'm trying to get the saves to load correctly.

Thanks for all that info, I will try what you stated above tomorrow and let ya know the results.

5. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I been trying what you told me to do and have spent to many wasteful hours getting nowhere at. I uploaded a encrypted save and a legit save I made of the game so you can decrypt it and change the values of the save and then send me back the new decrypted save and then I can test it and see if it was user errors made by me.

If your curious to what error I am getting, everytime I try to extract the contents from the package manager, It gives me this error: STFS: reference to illegal block number 0xFFFFFF[0xC00000032].
    (And yes, I already tried rehashing after being decrypted before using package manager).

Maybe I am decrypting the save wrong, can you tell me exactly what steps you do to decrypt the save first?

Here is a random encrypted save from the bioshock saveset along with a legit save I made.

Download Link:

http://www.mediafire...9e6533wda3qc5k9

6. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    OK in my quests to fix these many different saves and save sets from 360gamesaves :| , I have found that every set is not the same, I have had to use different package managers from different programs 360Rev, Horizon, Concept, Modio,Le Fluffie' just to name few :cry: :wtf: . For this particular save I used Modio after decrypting, to extract files :eek:hh: . Then took your legit save and Replaced & Injected the container files into your legit save with Horizon, Rehashed & Resigned fine :eek:hh: . I also put the container files in a folder for you! Hope this works for you :blind:
    Here is your file
    http://www.mediafire...nk13n40s58or6u0

7. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Awesome, going to test the save now. Also, can you tell me your step by step guide on how to successfully decrypt a save from the 360gsmass decryptor NRU?

8. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox

Ancient Chinese secrets my old friend :vinsent: I'd tell you but I would have to kill you.

I Used both Decrypters( decrypt360gs & NRU)for this one to load into Package Manger and be able to let me extract container files :wtf:

9. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The save loaded great! Now I need to decrypt this whole german set so I can re upload it for all of our XPG members! I really want to thank you so far for helping me but are you being serious that you would not tell me how to decrypt? The gamesaving scene is honestly dead now compared to back in the days. At least PM me the info if you don't want to reveal it publicly. :blind:

10. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Its not dead We all help each other here, and yes Im joking :eek:hh:

11. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I didn't say it was dead, said it's dead compared to back 'n the old days lol. But yeah, shoot me the correct decrypt guide, I tried to many things, bout to pull my hair out and I might take your offer if it still stands about killing me, at this point I'm crazy since I spent over 6 hours trying to get this damn german set sucessfully decrypted :to_pick_ones_nose3:

12. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    The directions is posted 6 posts back, Side note you should be able to keep using the same legit save you gave me for Replacing & Injecting Container files from the Decrypted Files form other saves from set :|

13. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You posted Le Fluffie(topic) after viewing this thread, I did post earlier, in a post above, "just to name a few" , but I added it for you! It also corrupts the save!

14. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I reread it, all it says is after you decrypted, you then used modio to extract the files out of the save. You used 360gsmass decryptor and decrypt360gs.exe for this set as you said but I couldn't find any info on exactly what you did.

15. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Just run it through NRU first then Decrypt360 and you got the rest, if you really want a step by step I will post it for you and the rest of the community :eek:hh:

16. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Alright, you had to of used the Resigner Merge Tool right? (To split the header). I am using version 5.0 and yes, a step by step would be nice so everyone who has encrypted saves can decrpyt there rare saves and contribute them to the site!

17. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    No Sir, I did not use no merge tool :eek:hh: And you make me sound like I'm holding back information and I'm stingy bro, COME ON MAN!! This would only be for this game as I stated before every save set is a different process :wtf: .
    1. Take the encrypted file and drop it ( Merge) on the NRU application
    2. The encrypted file that you merged, make sure the file is in a folder by it self, (Some save sets can be all decrypted at once if all are in same folder, you can try this to, but test it first!)
    3. When the window appears click on Choose Header File and Decrypt.
    4. Now go-to the folder with the encrypted save and click on it.
    5. This will bring up a Browse for Folder window, go-to folder with encrypted save and click on this, Done.
    6. Now take the file and drop it(merge) with Decrypt360 and your done.
    7. Load up Modio and extract Container files, then Use Horizon to Replace and Inject.
    8. yada yada yada. you know the Rest

Your Welcome and A Thank You would be Nice!

18. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I did exactly what you said and as you say: "Take the encrypted file and drop it ( Merge) on the NRU application" The NRU version that I have will NOT let me drag and drop thefore making me think the version is what is messing me up because I still cannot extract the mainSave.bsg data from the container file after being decrypted, it will let me extract it but it's 0 bytes aka blank data, I can extract everything else perfect with the data fine.

The NRU version you have, did you download it here from XPG?

PS: I wasn't trying to make out that your trying to hold back information, I just want to finally get down to the bottom of this as to why I am having so many errors.

19. Menov

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Do not open the NRU!
    Are you dropping the file onto NRU?
    When I drop a file directly on unopened NRU it opens up the window for me to choose a file!
    And no I did not.

20. Jbrizzel

Jbrizzel Member
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Don't I fell stupid, that's what I was doing wrong! I had no clue you had to drag 'n drop the damn save to the NRU application. I just extracted the mainSave.bsg fine and has data this time! I will extract the rest now and see if the save loads correctly this time. :)