Gamer Responds To Latest Xbox One Advertising

Bullet Jan 31, 2014

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Recently Microsoft's advertising standards have been under scrutiny after adopting some less than honest advertising practices.
    Recently we reported that Microsoft were paying Youtuber's to create adverts for Xbox One to help promote the failing console which caused some controversy and the underhanded tactics were put to an abrupt stop.
    The latest tactic adopted by MS is an advertising campaign that encourages gamers to part with their old Sony PS3 games consoles in exchange for $100 an Xbox One:

[​IMG]

These kind of tactics are creating an even bigger divide between gamers and the Xbox One as its reputation sinks even lower.
    One gamer has retaliated to Microsoft's latest adverts by coming up with a response of his own:

[​IMG]

Whilst this response is hilarious, it does also highlight how desperately ridiculous this latest advertising campaign really is.

What are your thoughts , are these kind of tactics going to far or is it a harmless bit of fun?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2014
  2. villan4eva

villan4eva Ultimate Ninja!
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I think it's more ironic that the mocked up PS4 advert says 'Save $100 by ignoring Microsoft'

I'm unsure if he has realised that the only $100 you'll save is if you trade in your PS3 :/

Oh well, if this is UK based, It'll come in handy :)

3. BigDdog

BigDdog Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="villan4eva" data-time="1391175992">
    <div>
    I think it's more ironic that the mocked up PS4 advert says 'Save $100 by ignoring Microsoft'

I'm unsure if he has realised that the only $100 you'll save is if you trade in your PS3 :/

Oh well, if this is UK based, It'll come in handy :)
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    You do realize the PS4 is 100$ cheaper then the xbox 1 right.....

4. bu

bubba08 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    That's retarded im xbox one and ps4 owner and I rarely play ps4 I don't in joy it as much as xbox one but Microsoft doing that is funny but ridiculous

5. ServiusTheBear

ServiusTheBear Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BigDdog" data-time="1391221977">
    <div>
    You do realize the PS4 is 100$ cheaper then the xbox 1 right.....
    </div>
    </blockquote>

Its just a price reversal. Using items that are already in use.

Last Gen Systems PS3 was higher in price and the 360 was lower in price. I believe the PS3 had a brand new cpu style. Sadly now both have just turned into PCs! Hell they are using a CPU style that I have in my system and its old! Currently they are both a waist of money.

6. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="ServiusTheBear" data-time="1391274897">
    <div>
    Its just a price reversal. Using items that are already in use.

Last Gen Systems PS3 was higher in price and the 360 was lower in price. I believe the PS3 had a brand new cpu style. Sadly now both have just turned into PCs! Hell they are using a CPU style that I have in my system and its old! Currently they are both a waist of money.
    </div>
    </blockquote>
    I wouldnt say a waste of money as consoles have always been out dated by PC's but sadly consoles run better than PC's. It is just a matter of opinion and play style. I prefer console based games as you have less of a chance of finding modders. That and i play MLG. Most MLG games for pc are games i dont play so as i said before matter of opinion. Just like some people prefer Playstation over xbox. I however think that even though Sonys product on paper looks better its not. PS3 and xbox 360 were the same way yet xbox had a better product. You can argue it day and night but its true. Xbox has the stats to prove it. Dont believe me look at the VG charts <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/7/xbox-360/'>http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/7/xbox-360/</a>
    <a data-ipb='nomediaparse' href='http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/3/playstation-3/'>http://www.vgchartz.com/platform/3/playstation-3/</a>

7. xACHILLIESx

xACHILLIESx Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    And as for the whole advertisement. Sony fan boys are just going to be hating on it. They had a reason for buying a PS4 over and xbox one cause of the price issue. They were charging $100 more. Which covers the cost of the kinect. Now they are giving $100 discount for trading in your PS3 for an xbox one. No excuse now. Sony would do the same thing if the shoe was on the other foot.