Game sharing possible bans ?

bornbad Jan 20, 2014

1. bornbad

bornbad Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    so i came across this article yesterday........

Since the launch of Xbox One, gamers have noticed a workaround that allows two friends to share each others paid content. This means only 1 of you need buy a game off the Game Store and it can be accessed and played from each others Xbox One console. You’re probably not seeing the wrong doing in that unless you actually take a read of the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use!
    How “Friends” are obtaining each others content:
    1 – Get your friends Xbox LIVE details and log into this account on your own Xbox One
    2 – Go to settings, My Home Xbox and set your friends gamertag as the Home Xbox
    3 – Your friend must do the same with your own account on their Xbox One
    Now you should be able to access and download all content from each others Xbox LIVE Accounts, but the HomeXbox feature was only in place to enable family and friends to play your games on the Xbox Home console even when they’re signed in with their own profiles.
    Currently there are not any reports of Account bans, but since sharing your account password and obtaining content that is infringing IP rights (basically playing a game you did not buy the license to use the software yourself covers this) is against the Xbox LIVE Terms of Use – it is only a matter of time before a huge Microsoft enforced Ban-Hammer drops in your direction!
    Sharing games also constitutes online fraudulent activity which is against the Xbox LIVE Code of Conduct – this stipulates that you can not play any illegitimately obtained software, nor lend, transfer, sell, or otherwise provide access to your account.
    If you know someone who is doing the above mentioned procedure, or you are doing this yourself with a friend…
    STOP NOW BEFORE YOU LOSE EVERYTHING!!

now i really cant see xbox tracking ip addys or even monitoring how many times someone is logging in on their profile on specific machine s so any idea s how they would enforce this ?

http://www.thisisxbox.com/how-gamers-are-exploiting-xbox-one-digital-downloads/

2. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
  3. Bu

Bullet Guest

My home Xbox enables you to designate a specific Xbox One as your home console. The main advantage of this setting is that your family and friends can play your games on this console even when they’re signed in with their own profiles.
    If you have multiple Xbox One consoles, or you regularly use consoles belonging to friends or family, you most likely want to designate the most frequently used console as the home Xbox.

Set up or review your sharing settings

Note Only one console can designated as the home Xbox.
    Follow these steps to turn on or review your sharing settings:
    1. Say “Xbox, go to settings,” or choose Settings from My games & apps.
    2. Select My home Xbox from the left side of the screen.

[​IMG]

1. Review the information, and then either enable or disable sharing.

Can multiple people share the same console?

An unlimited number of people can share the same console.
    Note Your friends and family will only be able to play your games if the sharing feature is enabled.

4. bornbad

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    Think you guys are misunderstanding me ere i never wrote all that i came across the article and brought it ere to see if it was possible to be banned for it and posted the link underneath to where i found it was a question i posed to the community to get answers that was all im well aware of the link pk89 posted i found all that while googling it but could nt get a straight answer caise the terms and conditions was nt very clear either.I m not saying it will happen i m asking what s the possibility and if it was how would they do it ?which you guys are saying its legit so sorted

5. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    Trust me, I was a bit skeptical about this too. But Bullet reassured me, for that extra curiosity. I took it to Xbox Customer Support and it's perfectly legal to do so. I also have the logs of the chat for future reference.

6. bornbad

135/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    lol yeah i m not worried bout it just figured it would be good to get clarity after reading that