game saving and getting banned

vassilit Jun 18, 2013

1. vassilit

vassilit Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hello Everyone, Hope all is well.

It's been a long time from gamesaving. I haven't done this in years, but it's coming back to me. I have the current black xbox 360 that I purchased about 5 months ago (to replace the really old white model) and I've done a couple of saves. But my question is, I've recently updated this to the most resent MS software, I was on XLive playing COD is why, and I've pushed this to the latest about a week ago.

Do saves still work?
    Is there chances of getting banned with an updated console?
    or is it not possible anymore being the firmware is flashed/upgraded?

I know in the "oldendays" if your console's firmware was pushed to the latest/greatest then it wouldn't allow gamesaves. Maybe these issues have been resolved.

Anyway, glad to be back, and I'll contribute too. I use to gamesave when the site was 360gamesaves.com...shows how long ago I've done this. Ha!

Take care
    vassili zaitsev

2. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    Their's always a chance of a BAN off XBL when it comes to modding it's the RISK the MODDER take's when they enter it. but i say game save's r a very small % chance of a BAN but it's BEST to ASK around just to be SAFE.

3. dev

dev Troll XPG Developer Lifetime Gold
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Saves will still work on your updated console all you do is resign them to your IDs as for getting banned there is a very low chance depending what saves you use.

ah yes 360gs was the first site i ever joined and i think your talking about when you needed a old dashboard to be-able to gamesave

4. BANWAVE

BANWAVE Gold Member Gold Subscriber
    115/188

Console:
    Xbox One
    been doing gamesaves for 11 months now upt 22000 gamescore
    no probs yet :| :| :| :|

5. vassilit

vassilit Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    cool, thanks guys, yup, the old blade dashboard. People were paying good money on ebay for those "never touched Xbox live network" cause it was the only way to gamesave. I know a lot of people feel it's cheating but what I do is beat the game, then use a gamesave to get the rest of the pointless achievments like "all the gold in a game" or "collect every container" stupid things. I guess it's cheating...oh well lol

6. Shadow

Shadow Watchers Staff Member XPG Moderator
    430/564

Floating in Space having a beer with the guy who d
    Console:
    Xbox One
    i dont care about that as long as i enjoy the game play that's all that matter.

well that's my option dont no if other will agreed on that.

7. Memphy

Memphy Blunts and Bombay
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    All modding no matter what it is has some risk of bans.

Gamesave modding is minimal because you have to use your ID and console ID, so it can be 'yours'. Gamesave modding depends more if you use it online or not.

8. vassilit

vassilit Newbie
    5/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Ah I see, so like an online game that gets online achievements might be more of a risk. What's your feelings on "load and pop" saves. and if they are in order or not. I was reading somewhere that MS watches for gamesaves that are not in order for a game and if they were all popped at once vs over a month span or something. If MS really watches that closely to someone's saves then they must employee a ton of people that just monitor xbox profiles.

9. Memphy

Memphy Blunts and Bombay
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    By online or offline, i mean if you are using it in public matches.. like cod4 used to have USB mods with a gamesave, thats what i mean.

Load and pop saves are fine as long as you space them out. Whenever I use load and pop saves they are broken into pieces, so for each save game you load, you get 60-100 gamerscore or whatever. the instant 1000G saves are riskier. Then again, it would be like adding a 1000GS GPD to your account, but I only do those if they are all unlocked offline, no online GS to make it less suspicious.

And believe me, they dont normally look at your GS unless you magically go from 5000 to 50000 in a day. If you are going to be gamerscore modding, you need to do offline games, unless you want to timestamp each achievement.

Honestly, if you were going to do do some GS modding, what I would do is use ultimate starter saves, so you have max everything, but play through the game normally and earn achievements normally, then mod the ones left with correct timestamps.

10. ma1achl

ma1achl Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I used ultimate starter saves some downloaded and some made my self but I play through the game normally and earn achievements normally, then mod the ones left with correct timestamps. Then I got rest on to gts one was just a silver account me and my friend played off line tell we got every GS there was to get offline and one day they both got rest MS said I used out side programs to get GS that I did no have get my self. But I did get them my self I just did it a different way