Game Price Inflation was an unintended error

Bullet Jul 10, 2013

1. Bu

Bullet Guest

Recently beta testers in the UK for the upcoming Xbox 360 system update reported that the game prices were inflated.
    Microsoft has said that the price hike that EU Xbox Live beta testers reported on some Arcade titles was an "unintended error".

The upcoming dashboard update for Xbox 360 is set to replace Microsoft Points with real currency, but it has caused some issues with game prices in the U.K.

A Microsoft spokesman has released an official statement to clear up any confussion with regards to the recent price hike.
    "We are aware that select regions experienced some incorrect game title pricing in the Xbox Live beta. This was an unintended error that we are in the process of fixing," a Microsoft rep said.
    "We'll be reimbursing impacted beta participants for the difference in what was paid and what the price will be after the update is available to all members," it added.
    "Of note, beta programs give us a chance to test, fix and correct issues like this. As with all betas, we take the learnings from our program and make corrections and adjustments prior to the update being available to all members. As always, we appreciate the participation of our beta customers in helping us launch and build great products," concluded the rep.

So anyone that has purchased games on the beta dash will be reimbursed, and this is the idea of being a beta tester right ? So no harm done ...

Last edited: Jul 10, 2013
  2. MatrixSyndicate

MatrixSyndicate Newbie
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    yes i have the beta update, and i was shocked that everything costs money now but i wonder if they will still use pre-paid cards...

3. xDragonBladev

xDragonBladev Member
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox One
    <blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MatrixSyndicate" data-time="1373585145">yes i have the beta update, and i was shocked that everything costs money now but i wonder if they will still use pre-paid cards...</blockquote>
    By what I have been reading online they are getting rid of Microsoft Points completely......I hope they have Xbox Money cards like Playstation does