Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Game Error after Title update

Jared1441 Dec 29, 2013

1. Ja

Jared1441 Newbie
    35/47

Hi all,

This is my first post I will try to provide all the information needed. A few of my games (Saints Row 4, Call of duty black Ops II, Dishonored) have errors when I install a title update. It can be on the xbox inactive but as soon as i activate it I attempt to run the game it bounces me back to NXE with an error message that says Game Error please try re-downloading.

I am running FSD3 Rev 775 Dash 16537 with dashlaunch 3.09 so to the best of my knowledge everything is up to date.

I have tried downloading and installing title update via FSD3 no luck, by ftp no luck. I have checked all the file paths and game IDs everything matches. Using FSD3 other games run fine with title updates, for example Bioshock infinite.

I have tryed wiping the cache and resetting settings in fsd still no luck. I am hoping someone here has some advice. Thanks.

2. begallegal1

begallegal1 Medicine Man Lifetime Gold TeamXPG
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    try replacing one of the affected games "default.xex" files with unaltered originals from the game disc or iso, and see if that clears the issue, if it does there is a good chance the xex file you had for that(those) games had been altered in some way, if my old brain serves me correctly if the xex file is altered from the original signed state it will not work with any TU's , but it's been a long time since i've had to patch an xex for any reason, and xex mods are much less common now with a good amount of trainers available so I may be wrong about that :LOL: but worth a shot ;)

and welcome to XPG ;)

3. TheTripleDeuce

TheTripleDeuce CanEH!dian
    35/47

Console:
    Xbox
    try launching from the xex as well that might help also try the game without updates and with updates and try with one update toggled at a time

4. Ja

Jared1441 Newbie
    0/47

I had tryed the toggled on off. Thanks very much for the help. it was the default.xex causing the issues. I downloaded clean versions and all running smoothly. Thanks heaps for the speedy response.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.