Forza 4 GameDB too large?

martin1454 Jan 6, 2013

1. ma

martin1454 Newbie
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Hi, how did people deal with the problem im getting,
    after modding the Forza 4 gamedb - i get in xbox backup creator "Replacement file is larger than entry"
    and that makes my game unplayable....
    if i mod my gamedb and just add 1-2 lines of extra engines to a car, then i get that error, and if i try to launch the iso on my xbox, it says disc read error,

so how did people deal with getting more engines into the game, and still keep the database file small?

2. ma

martin1454 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Just to make clear, it tried editting my gamedb by make the first 10-15 lines of engine upgrades exhaust torque scale down to like 1.0124 instead of 1.01240124124 - even though i editede 10-15 torque scales, my gamedb still is 6.501.376 byte instead of the magic 6.500.352 byte i need / original)
    even removeing one engine from the gamedb did not make the file smaller....

3. ModelNum6o7

ModelNum6o7 XpgMember
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Theres a tut that Feral has posted saying that doing it is for jtag only unless you overwrite existing upgrades. Not sure if that still applies but may be worth a try.

4. ma

martin1454 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    well, i read about people doihg this using only flashed xbox'es - some talked about "cutting down on numbers" in the torque scale, but i does not reduce my gamedb size (wich i think is odd)

5. ModelNum6o7

ModelNum6o7 XpgMember
    20/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Oh i have no clue, im using an rgh and it isnt flashed so i dont look into that stuff. Have you tried using a fresh gamedb and just edited upgrades that are already there? Im sorry I cant be of more help to you...