Recently there has been an influx of broken games released by publishers and developers and the latest to follow this trend is Far Cry 4, Ubisoft's action-adventure first-person shooter video game.
The game released today and already reports have began to flood in about issues within the game and the game not even playing at all in some instances.
Whilst some gamers are annoyed by the fact that they can not connect to a multiplayer game due to issues with the matchmaking, similar to the issues Halo TMCC suffered from last week, gamers playing Far Cry 4 on Sony PS3 consoles are reporting that receiving a "corrupt data" data error message for Far Cry 3 that is preventing the game loading at all.
Ubisoft have acknowledged the issues and are asking gamers with the corrupt data error to give feedback on the Far Cry 4 forums:
We are currently investigating the error message that some players are receiving when attempting to play Far Cry 4 on the Playstation 3 (receiving a "corrupt data" data error message for Far Cry 3). To further track this issue, we're asking all players to SUBMIT A SUPPORT TICKET with the following information:
We will update you with more information as it becomes available. Thank you for your cooperation as we continue to investigate this issue.
- Do you have (or have had) any Far Cry 3 saved date on your system before?
- If you have Far Cry 3 installed, are you receiving a "Fatal Error" message?
- Are you playing from a physical copy, or a digital download?
- Do you have the current version (1.3.0) installed?
- To manually check for an update, >> Go to the Playstation Dashboard. >> Find Far Cry 4. >> Press Triangle
- If you have Far Cry 3 installed, please include the version information as well.
- Where are you playing the game from? (USA, Canada, UK, etc.)
So far no official work around has been provided, however we would think another patch will be inbound. A day one patch that weighed in at 600mb was released to fix a number of issues, you can see the patch notes below:
Stability & Performance
- Fixed some random crashes on all game modes
Matchmaking, Connectivity & Replication
- Fixed various edge case animation issues
- Fixed various edge case detection issues
- Fixed missing VO for edge case reaction issues
Menus and HUD
- Fixed matchmaking edge case issues
- Fixed host migration random & edge case issues
- Fixed join-in-progress edge case issues
- Fixed various replication issues between host and clients
- Fixed edge case replication issues with systems
Mission Tweaks (Campaign, Co-Op & Side Content)
- Fixed various edge case menus and pop-up overlap issues
- Fixed Mission objectives & updates issues
- Fixed Co-op specific pop-up updates issues
- Fixed few localization issues (cut-off text, subtitles)
- Fixed progression displaying 100% too early in progress tab
- Polished tutorial images
World & 3D
- Fixed various low repro walkthrough breaks
In-Game map editor
- Fixed various texture issues
- Deleted some rare floating objects
Rendering & Graphics Features (PC Only)
- Fixed some graphical corruptions
- Fixed some edge case issue with maps upload
Inputs & Controls (PC Only)
- Fixed rendering features not available under certain configurations
- Fixed multi-monitor display issues
- Fixed multiple visual artifacts; added SLI support
Have you had any problems playing Far Cry 4 so far? If so please post them below, we would love to hear from you.
- Fixed mouse cursor and keyboard functionality