FAQ of Free Xbox Live Stealth

Sensational Jul 17, 2013

1. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    0/47

Research and Development at Dal-Tile
    Console:
    Xbox
    I never thought it would come to this, but it appears not everyone is as awesome as I. I thought Coder worded his step by step tutorial on his post very well. However, some of us seem to be having problems.

His thread can be found here (click me). In case you've been living under a rock, your modified xbox can now go online for free, pending on the server that is.

First of all, this will not be about how to set it up, this is an FAQ topic.

Q. - My Xbox loads up and sits on the boot screen.
    A. - This is either because the server is down, or the server is being overwhelmed with all the people.

Q. - How do I get passed the boot screen when the server is down?
    A. - When you turn your console on, once you see the outer rings of the power button blink all at once, press the eject button. This will bypass your dashlaunch settings.

Q. - What do I do with my KV.bin and CPUKey.bin?
    A. - You place these two files on the root of your hard drive. XBLS flashes the KV for you.

Q. - Is there any way to tell, without posting on the thread, if the server is up/down?
    A. - A the moment, there is no really accurate tool. There was one released couple days ago but nobody knows the authenticity of the program.

Q. - What can I do to prevent my retail Xbox from getting banned as well?
    A. - While there is no sure-fire way of fully preventing the Xbox from getting banned, just disconnect that Xbox from the network. Also, before and after you play online with your modified console, bring up your command prompt, and type "ipconfig /release" to release the current IP. Then type ipconfig /renew, to obtain a brand new IP address. (This is for windows. For Mac user's I'm sure it's along the same lines.)

Q. - What all can we do online? Is there anything that's an instant ban?
    A. - Not exactly. You can play games like you would normally and your chances of getting banned are way less. However, if you plan to use your modified console for what's it made for, then your chances are much higher. Do NOT try and run homebrew. I heard there's an xex menu that is undeteced by Microsoft, but I don't trust the sources.

I believe I covered everything that has been asked on the thread. If, God forbid, that I missed your question, please ask it. We don't like our members to be left unassisted.

Also, if you find someone asking any of these questions, on any thread, please direct them here. It will save us cluster as well as time. Thank you!

Big ole thanks to my senior minion, Bullet. :fish:

King Awesome, out.

2. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    It's organized and all..however if they cannot follow simple steps, then you should not be attempting to go online anyway. 99% of the people going online are to either profiteer from online mods (Yes, I'm looking at you CoD, Mass Effect and Halo) or just to generally ruin matchmaking for a few hours of fun.

IIRC LiNK was developed for a reason, even before that the ping patch was also developed for a reason. To keep kiddies off of Xbox LIVE so they can have fun with their shizznits with friends on System Link where it should be kept.

I personally hope the majority of the profiteering little flumps get a nice console ban on their retail despite disconnecting from their LAN.

Which brings me back to the point, if you cannot follow simple steps, then this is not for you. Stop trying to play with big boy toys.

Dashboard 16525+ approaching, have fun while it lasts.

None the less, Nice FAQ Aye :)

3. stlmike

stlmike Banned BANNED
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Wish this worked for rgloader :(

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

4. coontree14

coontree14 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's organized and all..however if they cannot follow simple steps, then you should not be attempting to go online anyway. 99% of the people going online are to either profiteer from online mods (Yes, I'm looking at you CoD, Mass Effect and Halo) or just to generally ruin matchmaking for a few hours of fun.

IIRC LiNK was developed for a reason, even before that the ping patch was also developed for a reason. To keep kiddies off of Xbox LIVE so they can have fun with their shizznits with friends on System Link where it should be kept.

I personally hope the majority of the profiteering little flumps get a nice console ban on their retail despite disconnecting from their LAN.

Which brings me back to the point, if you cannot follow simple steps, then this is not for you. Stop trying to play with big boy toys.

Dashboard 16525+ approaching, have fun while it lasts.

None the less, Nice FAQ Aye :)

Very true, but theres people like myself that wants to play GTA4 with friends with mods and not bother other gamers.. but to mess up a lobby full of strangers on gta4 and cod ect is just to much.

5. Renegade

Renegade Super Special Awesome XPG Developer
    105/188

Console:
    Xbox
    In that case, limit yourself with a Flashed DVD drive or ODE.

6. coontree14

coontree14 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    In that case, limit yourself with a Flashed DVD drive or ODE.

i did happen to connect last night for a few hours it wasnt worth paying 50$ a day i know that lol but i might look in to a ODE. thanks!

7. IIEvolution85II

IIEvolution85II Gamerscore Wreckage :) Gold Subscriber
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    ODE are the nuts as i have one myself and so much easier ;)

8. ia

ianboy1987 Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    i was on afew nights ago think i got banned as have a jtag that just shut off quick and now the rgh is doing the same guess the jtag was banned b4 i got it have loads of unbanned kv tryed flashing afew but still the same how i make CPUkey.bin ? do i just make in notepad and name it cpukey.bin ?

thanks for the help

9. fa

fabiaiz Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    bump

10. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Alright, to answer your question, yes that is all you will need to do. Copy and paste your CPU key into a blank text document, and rename it to CPUKey.bin. Put that, as well as your KV.bin, on the root of your console, and you should be good to go.

11. KewlMods

KewlMods Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    whenever i try to connect to xbox live it just sits there for a while and says can't connect. any help? live block is disabled and livestrong too plugin is set to plugin1 and my xbox has never been online nor banned i have avatar update too. im on 2.0.16203.0

12. KewlMods

KewlMods Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    im sorry where can i find my kv.bin

13. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You will need to dump your nand to get your KV. You should have Flash 360 already installed on your console. Run that, dump your nand to a USB. Then use either JRunner or 360 Flash Tool to get your KV.

14. KewlMods

KewlMods Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    lol nevermind how do i mod mw2 now that im online like i heard if u use xex menu you get banned im trying to do some mw2 lobbies any advice?

15. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I believe that the new xex menu 1.2 is live safe but I'm not sure. Install the SDK and start games that way, or just put the actual disk in and play that way. For that you'll need a real time editor, XRPC.dll, and RPC.xex.

RPC.xex needs to be set as a plugin as well as XBDM.xex. You MUST HAVE SDK installed if you wish to real time edit.

16. KewlMods

KewlMods Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    alright anyone have a problem with mw2 i load it up press xbox live and keeps giving me an update for the game i pressed yes and it keeps giving me update prompts

17. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Try clearing your system cache. Also, if you use XeX Menu 1.2, you can access the files. I've been launching my games from that and haven't had a single problem. Been online for about 4 hours now.

18. XPGProgrammer

XPGProgrammer Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've online for 2 days :), I am always able to connect!

19. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    It's awesome. Private match games FTW.

20. Sensational

Sensational RIP TheAye.
    45/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Update To The Thread

Make sure you are turning your console on using the power button on your console. Not by holding the start or Xbox Guide buttons on your controller.