Everything Needed to Know About DLC

BMTHstanton1990 Jan 7, 2013

1. BMTHstanton1990

BMTHstanton1990 RGH/JTAG God
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox
    Having some issues capturing my screen. When i screen capture, the picture comes out black. I'm working on a fix!

UnRARing or Unzipping Your DLC
    Download: WinRAR Setup (Both Win 32 and 64 compatible) Yes, it's cracked. Yes, it is VIRUS FREE

Install and Set Up
    1. After downloading the WinRAR Setup, right click and click "Run as an Administrator." Click "Yes" on the User Account Control confirmation box (if you haven't set yours to disable those.).
    2. Change your install directory if you wish. Then, press "Install."
    3. You will see a screen with some options.
    Associate WinRAR with: All should be selected except "ISO" and "JAR."
    Interface: These options are self explanatory These are up to you. The "Create WinRAR Program" creates a folder labeled WinRAR in the start menu. Containing the WinRAR.exe, uninstall.exe and documentation.
    Shell Integration: This is optional. This will add options to the right click menu.
    Integrate Into Shell: Adds the right click menu options
    Cascaded Context Menus: Adds a "folder" to the right click menu instead of several options. You will have to right click your file, hover over WinRAR, then a submenu will come up and you can then select "Extract Here." Instead of just right clicking and selecting "Extract Here."
    Context Menu Items: Clicking this button will bring up a sub menu. There is a wide selection of options here. Remember, these are the options that will appear in the right click menu. So, i personally only have "Extract Here" and "Add to Archive" checked. Check what you please though. If you have the "Cascaded Context Menus" option enabled, you can enable all of these and only have one WinRAR "folder tree" in the right click menu.
    4. Click OK. Another screen will come up with some options. Just click done.

Extracting RAR or ZIP Archives Using WinRAR
    1. Now that WinRAR is installed, time to learn how to use it to the fullest capabilities.
    2. Create a folder labeled something like Unpatched DLC. Put all your DLC archives into that folder. There's a reason i recommend doing this. Some uploaders just shove files into their archives, not putting them in a folder. That makes things a bit messy.
    3. Go into the folder you just created and right click one of your DLC archives and select "Extract Here."
    4. Once it's finished, continue extracting your archives until you have them all extracted. You may now delete the .rar archives. They are no longer needed.

Unlocking and Sorting your DLC
    Download: Content Manager v3 (Both 32 and 64 bit supported)

1. Extract Content Manager.
    2. Run the Content Manager.exe. Press "Browse my PC for Files." Another screen will come up with some information, read it and click "OK."
    3. Navigate to where your DLC is downloaded using the tree on the left of the program. (Make sure your DLC file(s) are all extracted)
    4. Right click the folder where your DLC is located and select "Load Files From Subfolders"
    5. After it is done scanning, check the box next to your file(s) **If you have loads of files, click one, and press Ctrl and A. Then click a box next to a file**
    6. Press the little lock icon to unlock the files. A dialog will ask you to confirm this, press Yes.
    7. Now that your files are unlocked, create a folder labeled DLC that you can put your DLC files into for the next step. Now that your files are unlocked, you aren't done just yet. As an added security measure we are going to put the files in their original folder/file structure using Content Manager.
    8. Click the broom/brush looking icon. Another screen will appear with multiple options.
    Output Folder select the DLC folder you just created.
    Output Path Style select Title ID/Content ID/File (For use with USB drives).
    Organize Mode select move
    Duplicate files select overwrite
    9. Click "Organize." A dialog will come up asking you to confirm your choices. Press "Yes."
    10. You may now close Content Manager.

How to Move/Transfer Your DLC File
    There's a few ways to do this. I will cover the two most common ways. Which are FTPing and using a USB stick.

USB Transferring
    1. Plug a FAT 32 formatted USB drive into your computer.
    2. Copy your DLC folder to your USB drive.
    3. Eject your device and unplug it from your computer. Then, plug it into your console. Either while it's running or powered off. Doesn't matter.
    4. On FSD, open the "File Manager." Depending on how many USB devices you have plugged into your console, you should see USB0 or USB1. Open the USB drive with your DLC on it on either side of the screen. I use the left personally. Then open the DLC folder on your USB drive.
    5. On the other side (in my case the right side) open the HDD. Then navigate to Content, then the 0000000000000000 folder of the HDD.
    6. On the side with the USB drive open (in my case the left), hover over the folder with the random numbers and letters (that's the Title ID) and press RB and A to copy. If your USB drive is on the right side of the screen and the HDD is on the left side of the screen, press LB and A to copy. Do that for all the folders shown inside your DLC folder.
    7. Load up your game and enjoy your DLC!!

FTPing (File Transferring)

Download: FileZilla (Both 32 and 64 bit Windows supported installer)

You will need at least one patch (RJ45) cable. Two if you're going to be using a hub, router or switch.

1. Plug one cable from your PC to the router, hub, or switch. The other cable from your router, hub or switch to the 360. If you only have one cable, run your cable from the PC to the 360. A single cable running from the PC to the 360 can result in a few issues though. Such as the "unplugged cable" issue. Which is where your 360 and PC are both looking for default IPs. You will need to set up static IPs to use one cable.
    2. Power on your PC and let it boot into Windows (or Mac OS if you are the ones that pay more for old technology. xD). Once your PC has booted into i's operating system, turn your console on. If you're using a router, hub or switch, it doesn't matter which one is booted first.
    3.Check your console and look on the bottom left of the screen. You should see an IP address. If you don't see one, click RS to pull up FSD's monitor. If you don't use FSD, then go into settings, network settings, then configure. There should be an IP there.
    4. Install Filezilla (mini guide coming later).
    5. Press the two computer looking icon under the File button. That's the site manager.
    6. Click "New Site." Name it something easily identified such as Xbox 360 for easy identification in the future.
    7. There will be some info you will have to fill in.
    Host: Enter the IP address you got earlier.
    Port: This can be left blank. Many people put 21 if they encounter issues.
    Protocol: Leave it as FTP (File Transfer Protocol)
    Encryption: Leave it as Use Plain FTP
    Log On Type: Account
    User: xbox
    Password: xbox
    Account: xbox
    8. Click Connect. If it connects, good deal! If not, you're on your own. Google is your friend. I absolutely HATE networking. I will add a static IP mini tutorial later on.
    9. On the right side screen, you will see your Xbox. Select HDD, then Content, then the 0000000000000000 folder.
    10. On the left screen, you will see your PC. Navigate to where you have your DLC folder we created earlier and open it.
    11. In the DLC folder, either double click or right click and transfer to start transferring your DLC. That simple.

I do not authorize this tutorial to be copied anywhere without my permission.

2. tE

tEcHN0 Guest

You could add in 360content manager ;)

3. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    I've had nothing but problems with 360 Content Manager's FTP. :LOL: Putting my DLC in the wrong spot. xDDD

It's another thing i was going to add in the morning though. ;)

4. tE

tEcHN0 Guest

It works perfectly for me :trolldance:

5. BloodyVanish

BloodyVanish BloodyVanish
    25/47

Console:
    Xbox
    nice post Stanton :boobs:

6. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Nothing ever works perfectly for me. :LOL: That's why i'm forced to do things the "hard way" all the time. :LOL: :LOL:

Thanks, Vanish!!

7. Hanzx

Hanzx Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Computer

8. BMTHstanton1990

0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    You can try enabling "autofake" in Dash Launch. If that doesn't aid your problem. Then no. It requires an active connection to LIVE. ;)

9. NaCLy AF

NaCLy AF Lifetime Gold Lifetime Gold
    235/282

Console:
    Xbox One
    which dlc you talking about? I never had that problem with any of the SR3 dlc