Preview Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen Not To Be Sold as Separate DLC

Rocky Jan 25, 2013

1. Ro

Rocky Guest

[​IMG]

Remember when Capcom released Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3 rendering Marvel vs. Capcom 3 inferior by comparison? Well that looks to be the same deal with Dragon's Dogma's Dark Arisen expansion, which will apparently be only available on disc for $39.99, due to "technical limitations".

"We went round and round with the team on this topic as [releasing the Dark Arisen content as DLC] would have been a preferred option from our standpoint too," Capcom VP Christian Svensson explained on Capcom-Unity, responding to a reader's complaint. "As it turns out, I'm sorry but unfortunately there were major technical limitations that would couldn't allow for a digital upgrade path."

Svensson went on to explain further, adding: "The original game was just not designed to be expanded (no hooks in the original code) and so a full-game delivery mechanism was the only option.

"We also tried to explore a number of mechanisms to try and otherwise put this full product in original owners hands at a discount digitally but we would have run afowl of a few first party policies (not any first party's fault, t'was our fault).

"So instead, we're packing more than $20 worth of value in digital rewards for existing users: 100K rift crystals (which in DDDA have a LOT more uses than they did in DD vanilla) the Gransys armor pack and the unlimited Ferrystone. We hope this will be a sufficent "thank you" for being part of the first wave of Dragon's Dogma fans given the development limitations we had."

Svensson concluded: "Thanks again for your continued support and I hope to see you in Gransys in April."

All of that time and effort you sunk into Dragon's Dogma won't go to waste in Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen of course, as you'll be able to port your character and accompanying save data over to the new release. Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen will be available to purchase on disc for $39.99 on April 23rd in North America and April 26th in Europe.

Vid >> http://www.viddler.com/v/28c1db8b

Source - X360A

2. Swiftus

Swiftus Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    Greedy buggers. Digital limitations my ****

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

3. romanzad

romanzad Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Xbox
    Yeah sounds like a bit of a ploy to get more money, but hey, that's business! It was a great game in fairness but ill defiantly wait for this to drop in price!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk