Wii-U DICE explains why there's no Battlefield 4 for Wii U

XPGBuSh Mar 27, 2013

1. XPGBuSh

XPGBuSh XPG'S FIFA KING XPG Retired Staff
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 4
    DICE shooter Battlefield 4 will be released this autumn for PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. A next-gen console release is certain. But it won't be coming to Wii U.

Asked to explain the lack of support for Nintendo's console, creative director Lars Gustavsson explained the decision as a need to focus on what the developer could "do well".

"I think overall for me as creative director, number one is to deliver a really great game and experience," Gustavsson told Videogamer.

"Sometimes, at least for us, it's focusing on what you do well and what you know well, and ensuring that you deliver something good than trying a bit too much, stretching yourself too thin and risking it.

"I'd rather play it safe, deliver something really good and then look at the future and what could possibly be done than trying a bit too hard and [failing]."

Battlefield 4 is the latest in a string of third-party releases that will skip Wii U this year. Saints Row 4 developer Volition has said its open world adventure won't be on Nintendo's home console. And neither will Techland's Dead Island: Riptide - the developer didn't want to rework its engine for the platform.

Battlefield 4 was officially unveiled at GDC last night with a stunning 17-minute gameplay trailer.

Source - Eurogamer

2. Tcjfoos

Tcjfoos Newbie
    0/47

Console:
    Playstation 3
    i cant wait for this game. it walks all over COD.